Halo BR 4 shot settings!

Feb 1, 2013
State of Hockey
Has anyone tried the 4 shot BR settings in Halo 4? Ive run a couple of competitive customs with these settings and the BR feels right. All you do to make the BR a 4 shot is go into settings and set the damage multiplier to 110%. This makes the BR a 4 shot and keeps the DMR a 5 shot. Really awesome settings, i would love to see this in matchmaking with the title update coming in February. Makes the BR able to compete with the DMR at close to mid range.

Majorityduduspl

Qualified
Jan 27, 2013
I haven't played with that setting before, so I don't know how powerful it is compared to the DMR. But I don't know how balanced it would make matchmaking, I think that everyone would use the BR and then the DMR would be under-powered.

Feb 1, 2013
State of Hockey
The carbine can hang with the 4 shot BR In a 1v1 cause of its high fire rate, and the BR needs to hit all the shots in the burst to be a 4 shot kill. Pretty balanced settings. The DMR is not in anyway underpowered with these settings cause of its huge range advantage. Try these settings out in customs for yourself. Just turn weapon damage to 110% with whatever other settings you want. The BR feels good again

BigStack

Server Caretaker
Staff member
Dec 23, 2012
BR already shoots to fast as it is. 5 shots for Halo 4 works. Hell if you could make it shoot slower and make it a 4 shot im down. ~~ Remembers the halo 3 days

Majorityduduspl

Qualified
Jan 27, 2013
I don't know, I think that they made it a 5 shot for a good reason. People can beat the DMR with the BR I think it just depends on the situation, that being said, they did make it so the maps favor the DMR a little too much.