Halo Best Halo Soundtrack

Best soundtrack?

• Total voters

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I was listening to the radio the other day when "blow mw away" by breaking benjamin came on (one of the songs in the halo 2 soundtrack). This got me thinking... Which halo game has the best soundtrack? Personally, i think odst is one of the best soundtracks in ANY game. What are your thoughts? Discuss here

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
They all had there pros/cons , for example I loved the iconic Halo Choir ( HCE ) , and Earth City ( H2 ).

Halo 3 was my first Halo and it had some of the best music imo , but ODST felt dark and gritty as if you hada get your hands dirty ( I forget the ost when your walking through the city , but yeah that one ).

Reach didn't have the best , maybe some parts of LNoS , the start of the mission Exodus and its Falcon ride and the ending of PoA but that was practically it.As for H4 there is atleast 4 tracks I love , Revival and Nemesis being among them.

But like I said all were good but they all had their cons to :).

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
i hated reachs soundtrack but i can see how some people would like it the most
i personnally think that 3 had the best soundtrack ever......of all time
and it was way better than the rest

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
ODST is the winner. They really took a risk with that completely unique approach to Halo music. It was the opposite of formulaic. I would post highlights but the entire bloody thing is brilliant.

I also have to speak up for Halo 2, because it's my pet favorite and I don't think many people appreciate it. Halo CE and 2 had this chill ambient take on music that they completely abandoned in all subsequent games, much to my chagrin. CE had A Walk in the Woods, which paved the way for Heretic, Hero in H2, which is my favorite track in any Halo game. I love these songs for their match with the awe-inspiring environmental design, and for their contrast with the action gameplay. The mood actually gives me a confidence boost as I fight off enemies. Tracks like this made me like Halo in the first place and I'm sad they don't use them anymore.

Halo 2 also has plenty of other bits of brilliance, Rembrance and this menu music, Heavy Price Paid.

Halo 3 was ok but it started to show signs of just using block-bustery emotional dog-walking. The first mission had a trace of the old ambient feeling still in it (Released), but I can now see that this was where it started to fade from the series. Some nice songs in the menus but I think most of them actually were copied straight from H2. This is the only track I really like that came from H3 - Never Forget. That triumphant piano theme from campaign is nice once, but it is repeated waaay too many times for how simple it is. Like everytime you beat a level... daaaa.... da da! Da DA! It reminds me of beating a level in Mario brothers.

Reach matches the action but the wonder is gone.

Halo 4 makes me think they don't give a shit about the music anymore.

mazdak26

Proficient
Halo CE was the warthog run copy/pasted 10 times
Halo 2 was basically the same except everything had an electric guitar.
Halo 3 had the warthog run, but made more epic and not used all the time
Halo Reach was totally original and epic. It didn't need "wonder" - there wasn't any in the game.
Halo 4 is again a completely fresh soundtrack. Less action-ey, but it's supposed to be dark and it accomplishes that very well.

Reactions: evergreen948

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
It didn't need "wonder" - there wasn't any in the game.

images

Reactions: evergreen948