Introduction Berb here.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys, just Berb stopping by to take a look at the place. As soon as file shares are up, I'll be sure to host regular lobbies like back in Reach. So what's different here from, say... ForgeHub?

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Welcome Berb.

btw I've been hosting regular lobbies all the time, no need for the silly file shares. you can too! hahaha.

hmmm... whats different here from Forge Hub...
well, primarily, whats different is how the site is going to be run.
besides that, we'll be having a bunch of cool new features, like our upcoming games section and media stream, that differentiate us.

Insane54 might be able to more diplomatically answer this question here though...

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I have no authority on this matter what so ever but from the look of things from my point of view, it seems like this will be used more for customs (hence the website title). Forgehub's focus always has been more forge but here it seems you will be able to set up customs a lot smoother. One thing I feel like I have been missing a lot since Halo 4 started is getting into good parties to have customs. In Forge Hub there isn't a ton of organization into people trying to set up on the fly customs. Here it seems like there will
be a lot of organization and playing of customs, something I missed dearly.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Long story short, it's entirely different as a focus. HC is designed around customs, and also designed to compliment other sites rather than avoid competition. ForgeHub is ForgeHub, they're a place for maps. Here, we have a board for maps only to accent our focus on customs. We encourage our members to be a part of as many communities in the Haloverse as possible; we actually will be reaching out and showcasing other community's content. It's like "go be a part of wherever you want, but here will be around to host customs, and if you're a big customs guy then maybe you should stick around". We are in no way competing with ForgeHub.

You may not know this, but I was actually the founder of the ForgeHub Tester's Guild and then the subsequent rework, the TRC Guild. I had intended on it becoming a "focus" of ForgeHub, to center around it, but it ended up going the other direction, towards a map depository resource. I think you can easily see the connections between this website and the design for the TRC, but the sites are very very different.