Competitive Basin

Darkrain491

Qualified
Jan 10, 2014
Scotland
Basin (version 1.0) - A forgotten dock, that once harboured numerous goods, now stands empty

BASIN

View attachment 9098

Basin started as a very interesting basis. Some may have noticed that at the bases on the Islands on Forge Island, one can hear the sounds of the Ocean "crashing" against the island's bases. Upon discovering this, I decided I had to include this beautiful sound in a map, So Basin was born.

Basin is a themed map. Taking the shape of an abandoned dock, as a homage to a personal favourite of the Halo 3 map line-up, Longshore. The map has a few...

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I hadn't the time before to tell you how I felt about Basin. The theme you have going is great, and the general layout works fine. However, the way in which you have executed it could use improvement. As a whole, the map is far too permeable with sight lines. That's because there are so many window box structures, which don't give much dynamic cover. While the flat terrain on most of the dock makes the Ghost easy to use, it makes gameplay rather stale and further agitates the previous issue.

You would know how to amend these issues, I've seen it done on many maps of yours. Do it again for Basin, and you'll surely end up with a better map.

Darkrain491

Qualified
Jan 10, 2014
Scotland
I hadn't the time before to tell you how I felt about Basin. The theme you have going is great, and the general layout works fine. However, the way in which you have executed it could use improvement. As a whole, the map is far too permeable with sight lines. That's because there are so many window box structures, which don't give much dynamic cover. While the flat terrain on most of the dock makes the Ghost easy to use, it makes gameplay rather stale and further agitates the previous issue.

You would know how to amend these issues, I've seen it done on many maps of yours. Do it again for Basin, and you'll surely end up with a better map.
All the loose sightlines have been fixed up since you saw it. The ghost is getting removed in 1.1 because it was to easy to kill, and difficult to use.

Reactions: RogerDodger