ATTACKS?!?!!?

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
So clearly there is a big flashing grey and white message displaying that we are under attack and as a result, I'm curious! There's lots of room for speculation as to who and why. My question is why this site and who?

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
So clearly there is a big flashing grey and white message displaying that we are under attack and as a result, I'm curious! There's lots of room for speculation as to who and why. My question is why this site and who?
I dont think any of us know... and we shouldn't point any fingers.

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

As for the why this site, it is not only us being hit. Forgehub, HaloCommunity, and 343i forums along with a few others are/were being attacked in the same fashion. Bigstack has said that he and several other admins from different sites have come up with a solution to prevent this from happening again (Grunt Birthday Party). As to the who, from the locations and types of attacks, I have come up with 2 possible motives: Either someone wants to take the lions share of the Halo community by turning the competition into a lagfest, the someone being another Halo site (DO NOT POINT FINGERS, there is no evidence pointing to anyone in particular). The only other reason would be an anarchist complex, someone or someones who don't like structured online community, and wish to do with it what anarchists do best (destroy).

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
As for the why this site, it is not only us being hit. Forgehub, HaloCommunity, and 343i forums along with a few others are/were being attacked in the same fashion. Bigstack has said that he and several other admins from different sites have come up with a solution to prevent this from happening again (Grunt Birthday Party). As to the who, from the locations and types of attacks, I have come up with 2 possible motives: Either someone wants to take the lions share of the Halo community by turning the competition into a lagfest, the someone being another Halo site (DO NOT POINT FINGERS, there is no evidence pointing to anyone in particular). The only other reason would be an anarchist complex, someone or someones who don't like structured online community, and wish to do with it what anarchists do best (destroy).

coughActivisioncoughcough

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
mother-of-god-meme.jpg

MOTHER OF GGGGAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDD

IT MUST BE THE CIA AND ACTIVISION IN COLLABORATION TO TAKE HALO DOWN. SSSSSSHHHHEEEEAAAAATTTTTT

Reactions: NinetysBorn

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013

Grunt Birthday Party? Dude, that's like the most perfect, secretive, awesome-st, name for a defense system for Halo websites. Whom ever came up with that name deserves a cookie. Do you have anymore info?