Halo Attachments for Halo weaponry

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
Maybe it is just me but it feels like the weapons of the Halo series are just getting copied and pasted to the next game. Yeah they just recently added the forerunner stuff. But they are adding completely new weapons or bringing back old ones. I like the AR cause it is like the trademark weapon of Halo. So how can we keep our favorites but still have something different? The first thing I thought of was attachments or even a type of gunsmithing like in Ghost Recon. People like customization/ personalization so why not have it in a Halo game.

Jan 16, 2013
The whole point of halo is that everyone is on a level playing field.

This meaning different weapons have specifically unique and instantly identifiable properties.

Attachments would ruin this ideology entirely.

However... weapon skins, clan tags and other aesthetic changes that players could make would be well received and welcomed.

I wouldn't mind the Silenced SMG returning from ODST however, even if it was only allowed in customs/campaign

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
I guess, but for the long time Halo player the combat has felt a bit dull and without inovation. Halo 4 took a big step to improve that. I just think the game series could use some more new cool stuff. The return of the SMG would be cool though.

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Maybe it is just me but it feels like the weapons of the Halo series are just getting copied and pasted to the next game. Yeah they just recently added the forerunner stuff. But they are adding completely new weapons or bringing back old ones. I like the AR cause it is like the trademark weapon of Halo. So how can we keep our favorites but still have something different? The first thing I thought of was attachments or even a type of gunsmithing like in Ghost Recon. People like customization/ personalization so why not have it in a Halo game.

What would be an attachment you would use?
(that ins't OP or just stupid)

As cool as things like attachments could be in halo, there wouldn't be much. Especially because of the fact that there would be no optic attachments. If there were then It wouldn't make sense considering the fact that the weapon is wirelessly connected to the visor. This why a pistol with no scope can zoom and you never have to aim into a scope for guns that do have them.

But I think attachments would ruin the game and make it just another shooter. They added personal loadouts for the first time which because of the small difference the specializations made it worked out. Ever since Halo 1 up to 3, everyone spawned with the same weapon. So no matter how good or bad you were at the game, you would know that everyone would be equal and no one would have an advantage over the other. Sure people love customization in games, but because of the lack of customization and amazing things that were in the game once you spawned is what made it Halo. Everyone would jump into the game equal and then the battle progressed differently from there. Having loadouts didn't ruin it thankfully but I like that it's still more about having fun with how the game plays rather than leveling up all the time. Which, no offense to the game, is pretty much all of what call of duty is. Lets say your new to that game and you to join a match. Everyone has the weapons they want, the preferred attachments, perks, and kill/score streaks. While your there most likely not doing so well because of your huge disadvantage. Halo was nice because even if you just began, it was all about the way you played. Not what you had.

I hope attachments are never in halo. The idea is cool ill admit, but it wouldn't be the best choice if they plan on making it still feel like the good old halo we all love. Focus on making the gameplay and features in the maps better rather than weapon customization.

I apologize for the long post

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire

This meaning different weapons have specifically unique and instantly identifiable properties.

However... weapon skins, clan tags and other aesthetic changes that players could make would be well received and welcomed.

I wouldn't mind the Silenced SMG returning from ODST however, even if it was only allowed in customs/campaign
I agree entirely

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi

I've always liked the skins, it just makes the guns fit your character better. People complain about custom loadouts because they may upset the level playing field something I feel Halo 4 did a good job of avoiding by making the most used guns available early on.
You know what would be REALLY great?!?

If they threw this idea of loadouts out of the window, and burned them for good measure.
:thefinger:

the night bat

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
alright as soon as i saw this post i was going to go on here and, out of pure desperation, was going to trash talk on you. as a competitive player who loves the mlg and throwdown playlists, and also wants a halo 2 system back without loadouts, i felt obliged to.
now ive calmed down i can talk properly :D the halo community is, and this is hard to admit, dropping. the addictive feel of the older halos is just not there. there are no in game ranks, and the rest has been, again this is hard to admit, having too many similarities to COD. 343 is starting to realise this. there is now FFA PRO, and other gametypes, without loadouts. and halo 4 has been getting soooooooooooooo much better. we need to keep away from COD and keep the fun, competitive feel of older halos. please. do not encourage 343. we have halo's future looking great.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
alright as soon as i saw this post i was going to go on here and, out of pure desperation, was going to trash talk on you. as a competitive player who loves the mlg and throwdown playlists, and also wants a halo 2 system back without loadouts, i felt obliged to.
now ive calmed down i can talk properly :D the halo community is, and this is hard to admit, dropping. the addictive feel of the older halos is just not there. there are no in game ranks, and the rest has been, again this is hard to admit, having too many similarities to COD. 343 is starting to realise this. there is now FFA PRO, and other gametypes, without loadouts. and halo 4 has been getting soooooooooooooo much better. we need to keep away from COD and keep the fun, competitive feel of older halos. please. do not encourage 343. we have halo's future looking great.
CoD isn't the only game with load outs. And the loadouts for CoD are nothing like H4's. Notice that you can get weapons from things other than loadouts in Halo, and that Halo 4 has a much larger skill gap(more of any halo but lets just use 4 as an example.

Reactions: like A pro

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
In response to the OP, no, attachments are not a wise choice. Call of Duty has a good reason to use them, because the weapons are all generally the same (kill in less than a second, substantial ammo, relatively same effective distance). The most similar ones have similar attachments, and the opposite for different ones.

Halo has such a weapon differentiation, that attachments would screw up this already-existing "balance". I say that loosely because they need to work on that. Attachments wouldn't solve this issue, though, it'd probably make it worse.

And as far as loadouts, their implementation would work just fine with the weapon balancing in-check. I'm not really partial to nostalgia, as long as it works, it's fine by me.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
In response to the OP, no, attachments are not a wise choice. Call of Duty has a good reason to use them, because they're all generally the same (kill in less than a second, substantial ammo, relatively same effective distance). The most similar ones have similar attachments, and the opposite for different ones.

Halo has such a weapon differentiation, that attachments would screw up this already-existing "balance". I say that loosely because they need to work on that. Attachments wouldn't solve this issue, though, it'd probably make it worse.

And as far as loadouts, their implementation would work just fine with the weapon balancing in-check. I'm not really partial to nostalgia, as long as it works, it's fine by me.
Let me ask you this would you be opposed to simply changing the riticle of guns and not affecting gameplay, an example would be changing the current Covey Carbine riticle to the old H3/2 style?