Map Preview Artefact (1v1 Competitive)

FrostPhoenix0

Novice
Aug 19, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm here with another map that I recently made. I don't think that there is much else I could add to it without making it overly cluttered. This map was designed for 1 v 1 games, although it may be able to stretch to 2 v 2. Any higher than that would be far too crowded. The motif for this map was, similar to my previous map Reactor, an old Forerunner structure hidden away near the base of a mountain. I haven't yet put down all the spawn points, but that is the only thing that I need to do, I think.

small1.jpg

[This view shows a large portion of the open areas on the map. The raised walkway in the centre is home to a sniper rifle, however it is so open that collecting the weapon may be risky. The Blue spawn is under the bridge at the far end of the map.]

There are a couple of trick jumps between the two levels are the back of the map, allowing people to gain the element of surprise or escape from fire.

small5.jpg

[Closer view of the Blue spawn, showing a shotgun positioned on the glass floor. 6 shots on a 60 second timer.]

I am least certain about the glass box in the centre of the image. It seems to be a fairly weakly designed portion of the map, though I am not certain as to how to fix it.

small2.jpg

[This is a view of the map from the corner opposite to the first image. Near the bottom left of the image, one of the trick jumps can be seen to traverse between the levels. The Forerunner tower at the back is a purely aesthetic feature. The Red spawn is on the raised walkway at the othe end of the map.]

It's fairly difficult to see the particulars of the map from this picture, unfortunately, though it is possible to see a raised walkway on the other end of the map.

small4.jpg

[A closer view of the Red spawn area. A shotgun can be seen next to the glass cover near the left of the image. It currently has only 6 shots and is on a 60 second respawn timer.]

small6.jpg

[View down the centre of the map. The height differences between either side can be readily seen, along with the walkway which runs the entire length of the map.]

small3.jpg

[Obviously, just a general overview of the map. Red spawn on the right, Blue on the left. Sniper can be seen in the middle (barely). Those who have seen my previous map and have a good eye will notice that I have reused my reactor piece for this map, although in this map it is purely an aesthetic piece.]

Thanks for bearing with me. It's not the best designed map, but I am trying to learn how to make a map well. If anybody has any comments on it, I would be very grateful. Further, if anyone is interested in playing on it, shoot me a message because I haven't uploaded it to my fileshare yet. Thanks again everyone!

Tom