Master
Jan 1, 2013
Anvil
Created by: PA1NTS

2h6a874.jpg

wl5w4.jpg

Player Count: 2-4 Players.

Gametypes: Slayer

Description: Anvil is a symmetrical map designed for 2 to 4 players. The map has an arena type layout with more of a room based feel around the outside. I took inspiration from Haven, Simplex and Agony (Quake 2.) The cool thing about this map is the functionality of the middle.
Top mid is connected with Red 2, Blue 2, Gold 2 and Green 2, but has height advantage over them. There are some sightlines into bottom mid from around the map that make for drop downs players can use. You'll find a Sticky Detonator bottom mid, a Damage Boost spawning Gold 1 and an Overshield at Green 1. There are various other weapons around the map as well as grenade perches which can be used as jumps from Gold 1 and Green 1. My goal for this map was to combine the functionality of pieces to make encounters more interesting with height variation. I also generally wanted to combine a room based feel with a middle similar to a few of my favorite arena maps. BETA version in my fileshare for testing. Let me know how it plays out.

More Pictures:

f1csn.jpg

mm8qqe.jpg

2h51xfk.jpg

2mcaa2x.jpg

2mmofd.jpg

33jmxs0.jpg

Reactions: Titmar