An Appeal for Infection Maps

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Hello dear friends and Infection fans!

As we all know, at this point Infection is still a sincerely missed classic amongst the gametypes present in Halo 5. Ever since Bungie turned the zombie mode into an official on disc game mode in Halo 3, it has been immensely popular within the community, among players and forgers alike. With the seemingly endless possibilities of the new Forge tool, one may often wonder what kind of incredible content could be created - if only Infection was yet released.

But the wait could be over sooner rather than later! As Josh Holmes from 343 Industries has confirmed in a tweet, Infection will be coming at some point. We may not know when, but we now do know that it will. Here's the tweet:

holmes_zpsqgznmzkb.png

Again, obviously news like this doesn't provide us with any specific information. But at least now it's a certainty that to forge an Infection map in advance wouldn't be pointless. This means that it wouldn't hurt to start thinking about Infection maps to forge. What would be better than to have an immediate database of Infection maps to play once the gametype sees the light of day? That is why I would like to encourage you all to start making maps already. The sooner the better. I would love to see what we all together are capable of with Halo 5's Forge in terms of Infection related creations.

As you all know, I'm very fond of Infection myself. Therefore I once founded the BIOC group. This adds further to the fact that an appeal such as the one above, wouldn't make much sense if we wouldn't be committing to it ourselves. That is why I and several others have also gone ahead and have gotten infested in preparing some Infection content of our own.
Here are some pictures that may serve as inspiration when getting started with something of yours:

Screenshot-Original4_zps0av8frfg.png

'Freeman Bay'
a work in progress by REMkings

auxi2_zps0on1tqgs.png

'Backwoods'
a work in progress by Auxi Klutch

1NFW4Ij.jpg

'Station Zulu'
a work in progress by Home World Hero

N1GKYTL.png

'The Crypt'
a work in progress by WyvernZu

Good luck with forging your Infection maps. Feel free to use this thread as a way to share your work in progress!

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Backwoods looks like Skyrim(not a bad thing) mixed with Evil Dead to me. The broken bridge and the fog-ish lighting is probably where Evil Dead comes from, but I don't know why I'm reminded of Skyrim.
Perhaps also because of the broken bridge and the fog-ish lighting? :p