Zanny's MCC Forge-Folio

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Sooooo I'm making this. Since my desire to forge new maps for MCC is completely gone, I decided it was time to make this. I would have updated my existing forge history thread but that one has had a lot of pages and updates already.

Anyway, let's get this started.

UNNAMED FAIL MAP

As the name of the map suggests, this one was quite bad. It's the first map I made in MCC and I pretty much placed pieces around without any thought going into what I was building. I didn't think about the gameplay and barely thought about the aesthetics.

I pretty much made it just to get a feel of MCC forge. I have only one pic since I never took proper screenshots of the map. However, I did use it as a sample map in my Getting Creative tutorial. So if you want to see just how gross this map was, there's that video.

xgEt0Q4.jpg

BOARDING PASS

Second map I made in the game. To those who don't know, Boarding Pass is an Infection map that was originally created in Halo 4. However, it's version in MCC has gone through a LOT of change. I won't bore you with the details but feel free to check out it's map post here.

SXbqSVi.jpg

1v3nUpQ.jpg

SWORN

Sworn is kind of a "meh" map. It's gameplay is mediocre at best. When I was making it, I was trying to make a good successor to my Halo 4 map, Cypher. The end product was a map with a central atrium and a
fancy-ish ring around it.

uMCC6ci.jpg

CORDUS

Up next is Cordus. My first original map in MCC that I deemed good enough to keep in my File Share. It's first version was a room-based asymmetrical map. It was fucking terrible.

With some feedback from the community and a lot of work, I reforged about 95% of Cordus and turned it into an atrium-based map.

XK1xicW.jpg

DVDscFT.jpg

xx0XAoW.jpg

ploA6bm.jpg

zyV46Bo.jpg

LUMEN

Possibly my best original work in this game. Lumen is an asymmetric 2v2 map compatible with Slayer and Oddball. This map took quite a while to finish because in addition to my natural slow forging style, I also thought a lot about each individual area in the map. I'd say it paid off. The map looks great, plays great, and has the greatest loadout camera evar.

Definitely not my best competitive map in my entire forging career, but certainly the best among my MCC ones.

cm09swV.jpg

0pNkXA3.jpg

DEAD SILENCE

This one is kind of unfinished. It's the map that I was making for my Let's Forge series but with my laptop's recent death, I can't really record any new episodes. So this one is in the backburner for now. It's an Infection map and is inspired by Dead Space.

Aaaaand that's it. I won't be forging anymore until Halo 5. Hopefully, forge mode there will be an improvement over Halo 4 and MCC forge. Hopefully...