Contest Xiphos: Round 2 Map Reveal

OfficialCompetition.jpg
Introducing your Newest Battleground
Round 1 is currently underway! Some of you may have already finished your opponents off. Others have had the stark reality of a stronger opponent displayed across your TV screen in large letters of 'Defeat'. The rest of you lie in wait, preparing for the day and the hour upon which you'll go toe to toe with your opponent and see who is right, and who is dead. In the meantime, we have some intel for all of you. Whether or win or lose, have won or have lost, you will still be participating in Round 2, either in the Winner's Bracket, or in the Loser's Bracket. Either way, there will be a new map prepared for you to duke it out in with a fresh new opponent.

TheHaloNetwork is awesome like that.
The official Map for Round 2 of the 1v1 Tournament is hereby revealed to be Xiphos, by a local Orange lurking around these forums. xAudienceofone has been an active help in preparing this tournament for you all, and now he's thrown in his own brainchild into the fray.

Download Links

unity 1 v 1 slayer v3.jpg
This bridge is the nexus of the Xiphos playing area. It is placed in the center of the map, giving a criss-cross
view of the main sections. It also holds the Sticky Detonator: a powerful 1-shot tool in 1v1 gameplay.
g2qq.jpg
Assassinate your opponent as they absently gaze at this vista on the side of Xiphos.
Also holds a weapon change for any Suppressor fans out there.
Tips and Tricks
In today's special Article, we have a bonus piece of information for any of you serious enough to survey your battlefields before you slay your enemies. As a one-off treat, xAudienceofone has created a diagram of the map displaying all of the information you need to know about weapon placements, spawn times, and routes. Check it.

Xiphos_weaponguide_7.jpg
Ah- Ah- Ah...!
None of this would have been nearly as lovely if it wasn't for TheHaloNetwork and our sponsors, Gamermodz. Now, I know that as a member of a capitalist society, the moment you hear the word "Sponsor" you throw you hands up and say, "Nope! We're done here. Bai." but this time you'd be a fool to do so. TheHaloNetwork puts up videos made especially for this competition, giving you previews, tips, information and so much more to come. Meanwhile,Gamermodz provide the First Place prize that gives this competition its driving momentum. Go give those guys a click, a subscribe, and a scour to show your appreciation for everything they've done.

That's fine! :laugh: Consider this information as a friendly heads up :) Round 2 hasn't begun yet, but we like to give you guys a chance to get in some practice in advance.
Good so after my match tomorrow, I can practice, if I get this far on the map.

A Sticky Detonator? No Plasmas?​
:eek:

I'm just a rebel.

Also, sticky det leaves you vulnerable while its being launched but provides a good explosive weapon for the map. I found I liked those aspects. I also don't like that plasmas guarantee a kill provided you can stick an opponent. I know the grenade launcher can do that same, but its more difficult and honestly works better if you just hit the wall/floor ahead of their expected walking path.

OK, I'm going to say it.
What does the map name mean Audience?

Xiphos' were the secondary blade weapon of the ancient Greeks. I thought of it as an allegory for the map. When you're out of options and your foe is staring you in the face, you need to rely on all your skills and tools. I've placed weapons to accommodate this, trying to make you constantly move to find new tools (suppressor was the most successful example of this, closely followed by frag). In Xiphos, its just you and your opponent. It's all that matters. You and your weapon, just like it was when the art of the acropolis was being carved, are all that stand between life and death; also, Xiphos is a really cool name.

Also, I noticed that there were some errors in weapon spawn timers on the weaponmap I provided Tedium with. I've uploaded the fixed version.

Xiphos' were the secondary blade weapon of the ancient Greeks. I thought of it as an allegory for the map. When you're out of options and your foe is staring you in the face, you need to rely on all your skills and tools. I've placed weapons to accommodate this, trying to make you constantly move to find new tools (suppressor was the most successful example of this, closely followed by frag). In Xiphos, its just you and your opponent. It's all that matters. You and your weapon, just like it was when the art of the acropolis was being carved, are all that stand between life and death; also, Xiphos is a really cool name.

That is one of the best explanations that I've ever heard. You are awesome.

Reactions: xAudienceofone
I'm just a rebel.

What you say is very true. I actually know a bit of Ancient Greek (Wierd huh?) and know that the word for sword is 'χιφος' (Xiphos), but I guess that last bit of info was fairly unnecessary :(