XBOX News Round-Up

xbox-720-no-disc-rumor.jpg
Rumors surrounding the next iteration of Microsoft's XBOX are finally starting to heat up, and I am happy about it. How happy are you, Lights? Happier than a Grunt on his birthday. There's one important new development about its, um, development (?), and one about its much-anticipated reveal.

Microsoft just acquired R2 Studios- whose head honcho is the brainchild of the Slingbox- with big visions of turning the next-gen XBOX, codenamed Durango, into a true set-top box. R2 Studios focuses heavily on home-automation, which is not something Microsoft is new to, necessarily, but should make significant headway in going commercial and making it more practical for the everyday user. Plus, the start-up R2 Studios was procured specifically for Microsoft's XBOX division. This all boils down to one of two eventualities:
A) The new XBOX is going to make big waves in the traditional TV/cable industry, and put Microsoft firmly in the lead of the ONE-DEVICE-TO-RULE-THEM-ALL race. Or-​
B) Humanity becomes even MORE sedentary and we get one step closer to This!​

My money is on both. Humans are the worst. Except for Major Nelson (SEGUE!), who all but shouted from on top of a mountain that the big reveal will finally go down at this year's E3! With a countdown along with an "And it's on..." blurb posted on his official blog, it finally looks like the hype train is starting to roll down the tracks. Someone tie me down. I'm ready.

Reactions: Tedium and Nondual
i foresee advertisements... advertisements EVERYWHERE!!!!

wouldn't it be so cool if we could have ads pop up WHILE we were playing a game?!

it could ask us who we're going to vote for!!!! AMAZING!!!

lol... seriously though, i'm excited, but i am definitely not a fan of the increasing amount of ads that were added over time to the dashboard.

Meh. If the principle of the thing actually affected me, I might care. As it is, its just another live tile I will never hover over/click on. Looks kinda pretty all video'd and animated over there in the corner, though. Don't bother me one bit.

Meh. If the principle of the thing actually affected me, I might care. As it is, its just another live tile I will never hover over/click on. Looks kinda pretty all video'd and animated over there in the corner, though. Don't bother me one bit.

I agree completely. In fact, I would never have known they were there if I hadn't read this thread. I just press A as soon as my xbox starts up :laugh: