Map Preview WIP - Vermilion

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida

Vermilion is a symmetrical map designed for 2-8 players. It is my first symmetrical map so I am looking for some solid feedback.

WEAPONS/POWERUPS

BR x4
Carbine x2
Plasma Pistol x1
Plasma Rifle x1
Brute Plasma Rifle x1
Assault Rifle x2
Suppressed SMG x2
SMG x2
Magnum x1
Plasmas x6
Frags x6
Overshield x1
Brute Shot x1
Sniper x1
Shotgun x1

I like the look of this map, especially the central area which reminds me a lot of Gemini for some reason. It's also pretty aesthetically solid. I'm finding the pieces in H2A don't quite have the visual versitility of previous Forge pallettes (cough brick everywhere cough), so I'm quite fond of the clean visual style you've used here with the garage doors and coloured blocks, with the grassy terrain and circular pieces to add some flair.

Of course the best way to get some good feedback is to play it, so if you want to get a party together please don't hesistate to drop me a message on here or Xbox Live.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks like one part Damnation, one part Orion, and one part Gemini. That's a bizarre combination, but it looks well-executed!

Some friends and I were planning on running 4v4 customs this evening (eastern time) to test some maps, you'd be welcome to join us and bring this or some of your other maps.

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida
This looks like one part Damnation, one part Orion, and one part Gemini. That's a bizarre combination, but it looks well-executed!

Some friends and I were planning on running 4v4 customs this evening (eastern time) to test some maps, you'd be welcome to join us and bring this or some of your other maps.

Yea that would be awesome. I'd definitely be interested. What time do you think it will be?

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida
Alright cool. Thats normally when I'm on. I'll add you on XBL and you could send me an invite when you guys are starting if that works for you.