Map Preview WIP - Cerulean

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida

Cerulean is a small asymmetrical map designed for 1v1 and 2v2 game play. I'm still making small tweaks and would like to get some play tests in on it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

WEAPONS/POWERUPS

Rocket Launcher x1
BR x3
Carbine x1
Plasma Pistol x1
Plasma Rifle x1
Assault Rifle x2
Suppressed SMG x1
SMG x1
Magnum x2
Plasmas x4
Frags x4
Active Camo x1

S0UL FLAME

Proficient
Apr 17, 2014
I really like the simplistic design of this map. What you have so far is very impressive. The size of the map also looks like it could probably handle 4v4, with a little bit of Spawn tweaking.

I would suggest adding a third Power Weapon/Power-Up on the other side of the map parallel to Camo. Rockets has a clear sight line which can deter players from grabbing Camo until they're gone. On the other side, the third power weapon can be a quick grab & go before the Rocket player can see them. Sword or Sniper with only one clip may work, but that's my suggestion.

Other than that, nice map!

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida
First off thanks for the feed back. I also agree that it could handle 4v4 but I was worried about spawning and that it would be a bit too chaotic.

I was considering adding a sniper parallel to camo. Now that you mentioned it. I probably will add one and just have it with one clip.

Thanks for the advice.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks really solid (that sounds familiar). Visually, it reminds me of a friend's map from Reach called Purification. As was mentioned above, it does look like it could potentially support 4v4. It actually looks too big for 1v1s to me, but I might be an idiot. I really like how the open-air aesthetic and verticality work into the layout. There is a lot of dancefloor to work with, but with plenty of opportunities to gain a height advantage or have some cool BR shootouts along some of the longer lines of sight throughout the map. I hope to give this a spin next time I can be bothered to brave the shitshow that is hosting customs in MCC.

moo43

Proficient
Nov 17, 2014
Florida
Yea I also agree that it may be too big for 1v1s. 4v4s could work I just haven't tried yet. Honestly one of my main goals with this map was to make it feel open and not claustrophobic. So I tried to add a lot of windows and open spaces and not many roofs. Thanks for the feedback. I would like to get some customs in on this soon but like you said their kind of hit and miss right now.