BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 23, 2014
lQyGsF5.png

HELP

Reactions: Psychoduck

Zaelkyria

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 23, 2014
I've gone too far to rescale it. I'll do it, even if I finish it in 7 years.
My budget's correct right now, 988/1600.

Zaelkyria

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 23, 2014
I'd say go with the one on the right.
That's what I did.
Though, I changed the color of the hole ship to match the real Long Night of Solace color. There will be many versions of the map, a CAS-class Carrier version (gray), a LNoS version (gray / violet) and my own version, called Vehement Omen.

The LNoS version :
fmbIViT.png

Reactions: CHa0s

Zaelkyria

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 23, 2014
I don't have Gold anymore. And I don't have money either.
So, my build will have to wait.

EDIT : Yay ! I got an extra month of Gold.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm working on a Vortex remake, fully playable in alpha testing and fleshing out aesthetics. I'm having this lighting issue that is drive me nuts. It doesn't matter if I turn light bake on or off, I get this all over the map
1f615.png
It's like, WRECKING it!! All the pieces are the same color, material, metallic. It actually looks GREAT just the way it is when I load up the map, but after light baking I hate, Hate HATE what happens! Been all over the net this morning trying to problem solve it, so anything you can reference me to would be appreciated.

forge lighting woes.jpg

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
It's about time we brought this thread back!

I was hardly a fan of Vortex for any mode besides Dominion, but I do look forward to seeing how your remake turns out. Unfortunately, I don't really know a good way to solve your lighting problem. The issue is partially dependent on the skybox used, and partially on how much of your lighting budget has been used, but is not something that can be easily avoided. IMAROLLINGSTONE had to move Traffic Jam to a different canvas and skybox to remedy this issue on Traffic Jam, and even that didn't fully fix the problem. Hopefully future updates to Forge will help nullify the issue.

I was hardly a fan of Vortex for any mode besides Dominion...

Yes, being as it's not symmetrical, the map will work best with Strongholds. Or slayer. I have great memories on this map with a large group of friends I used to play BTB with. One of my best online friends and I used to tear it up with the gauss. There are a depressing number of gauss hogs in matchmaking, and when my friend mentioned that she wanted the map made that cinched it.

When Halo 4 came out, I was horrified with the lack of color. Vortex in particular was disgustingly ugly to me. However, I grew to love it, and as Promethean architecture is something I want to get better at, creating this map has served multi purposes! I'll have gameplay of it up soon and will post it up here with my other maps.

Edit: PS I fixed the issue by lighting up those areas with invisible lights.

Reactions: Psychoduck

ToaDrakua

Qualified
Oct 7, 2014
Screenshot-Original-12.png
Screenshot-Original-10.png Screenshot-Original-11.png
Here, have something to not care about. It's an attempt at accurately recreating Halo 3's Scarab. Now where's my award?