What Are You Working On?

Madirate

Supreme Leader of China
Feb 16, 2013
Currently working on a 4v4 - 5v5 asymmetric map designed for Slayer, Strongholds, The returning Oddball game type, and possibly 1 flag ctf if it is released in the future, my intention for this design is to give players a unique and fun experience revolving around infantry and vehicle play to capture/take control of objectives. I will post some screenshots in the morning. (Edit) Eventually*

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychoduck

Korny

Novice
Jan 28, 2016
Georgia, U.S.
www.youtube.com
I'm still figuring out the kinks in Forge, but I've been working on two different ideas.

My first map, "Combine 115" is a remake of Black Ops 3's "Combine" map. Since the two games share similar movement systems, I figured that it would play pretty well:

Thumbnail_Large.PNG
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

To make up for the lack of wall-running, I added a platform on the cliff side of the map, and added grav lifts to the walls in the center of the map between the two bases (for an exposed but advantageous quick trip to the enemy base). I meant for the map to be a 5v5 objective map, but I imagine that it might play really well as a SWAT map (given Call of Duty's quick TTK).
I hope it can end up being a fun Breakout map as well, though I haven't quite set it up for that yet.

Edit: I have actually playtested it. This clip gives a pretty good idea of how it plays, but I've since added a number of requested changes:

Last edited:

Korny

Novice
Jan 28, 2016
Georgia, U.S.
www.youtube.com
The other map that I'm working on is a minigame that I came up with when I realized that you can survive interactions with the killball. I made a writeup over at Halo.Bungie.Org, but the basic idea is a soccer-like game with a Killball as the ball:

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

I'm hoping to add things such as Breakout platforms and maybe some more arena-like aestetics.

Right now, it only works as a CTF mode until we get zone-based tools, but the workaround is good enough for now:

Scoring the ball locks the enemy team out of the Court, and adds a teleporter that lets players easily capture the flag (the flag carrier moves at 40% speed while carrying the flag, so he won't make it far by running it manually).

Reactions: Auburn

PatriotOfFOTU

Novice
Oct 31, 2015
im going to be making a 4v4 map today called Zealotry. Its going to be a covenant based map like Ascension from H2. Im going to make it without abilities. Its going to have a rocky part on top of the map and a covenant styled interior of the map that has 4 halls. Hall 1 leads to a banshee. Hall 2 leads to the Spnker rocket. Hall 3 leads to a teleporter. Hall 4 leads to a grav lift. How you get in the interior is the teleporter or a hole in the top of the map. Weapons will be:
4 Halo 2 Brs
1 spnker-Power weapon
1 beam rifle-power weapon
1 invisibility
2 ARs
3 smgs
1 Light rifle
7 Frags
2 storm rifles
1 carbines
5 plasma grenades
2 plasma pistols
1 railgun.
Anyone want to help? Add or message me on xbox

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Squally has the right idea embedding just the thumbnails of his images. Let's try to either do that or embed within spoilers from now on so we don't get pages with bajillions of giant images on them please. :)

The Fated Fire and I have been working on a map called Torque. The map began as a vehicle circuit design somewhat inspired by Narrows which I came up with in H2A. Fated later adapted the circuit for the map which became Recurve. After a lot of back and forth, we arrived at a layout which incorporated the best aspects of both of our designs. Torque is a symmetrical BTB amp for 12-16 players which is ideal for CTF games. The map features a large central bridge which curves over a trench between two bases along a boomerang shape.

Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-20-45.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-21-16.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-21-33.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-21-59.png
Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-22-20.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-22-59.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-23-28.png Torque Screenshot 2016-02-01 12-23-45.png

alex quit

Got Gud
Nov 19, 2014
The Fated Fire and I have been working on a map called Torque.

I'm digg'n that new plasma-caster platform. It feels much more integrated into the map now.
I'm wondering if you could do something similar to those man-cannons by the snipers.
Looking forward to more tests.

----

In other news, I'm starting a new symmetrical BTB map - I figured I'd also take a crack at making a map centered around an air vehicle. The map will feature a phaeton, as well as some interactive scripting that I hope will add some depth to the map's gameplay.

Reactions: Psychoduck

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Torque update:

Last night, fellow BTB guru Matclan organized a testing lobby of players who could be described as "stupidly good" to run some games on Torque. After mopping the pools of sweat from the floor, Fated and I have begun making some pretty big improvements based on our observations and their feedback.

Reactions: BlazeDillon

GamerVideo5346

Qualified
Jun 1, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The Fated Fire and I have been working on a map called Torque. The map began as a vehicle circuit design somewhat inspired by Narrows which I came up with in H2A. Fated later adapted the circuit for the map which became Recurve. After a lot of back and forth, we arrived at a layout which incorporated the best aspects of both of our designs. Torque is a symmetrical BTB amp for 12-16 players which is ideal for CTF games. The map features a large central bridge which curves over a trench between two bases along a boomerang shape.

Out of curiosity, did The Fated Fire and you start from scratch, or worked off of recurve?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
After our stress-testing last weekend, Fated and I began working on several substantial changes to Torque. He's recorded a walkthrough video which demonstrates many of them. We've moved the flags, added indirect cover in several locations to affect specific lines of sight, enhanced movement options throughout, added tunnels to either side of the trench, moved and added weapons, etc.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
After our stress-testing last weekend, Fated and I began working on several substantial changes to Torque. He's recorded a walkthrough video which demonstrates many of them. We've moved the flags, added indirect cover in several locations to affect specific lines of sight, enhanced movement options throughout, added tunnels to either side of the trench, moved and added weapons, etc.

Wow, this is feeling more and more like a properly scaled BTB map! I love it!
#replacerecurve2016 :p

Reactions: Kantalope

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom

Nice map man...
probably the only map I've seen in H5 forge that actually looks playable yet! :)

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Finally finished the BETA of the 4v4 I've been working on. Staredown. Absolutely destroyed the map's lighting budget(120%) but thank god for lighting objects to fix those pesky blackened pieces.

The map's inversely symmetric and drew a little inspiration from DG Intensity's Cobalt. Each team's base is connected by two atriums on either side. Players could also take the quicker but more dangerous route straight through the middle under the bridge[RHCP]. The curved bridge connects Green and Yellow atrium and also houses the overshield.
MiAaJpD.jpg

44reU4c.jpg

o8A732U.jpg

09LWPTp.jpg

A lot of long sightlines in the map so I kept the snipers' ammo to zero spare clips. There's also a Scattershot under the bridge with one spare clip. So far, the map's only compatible with Slayer but I'll be working on it some more to make it compatible with CTF and Strongholds.
xkVde1W.jpg

n12BEIN.jpg

The map is in my file share if anyone's interested. Would appreciate some feedback.

AceOfSpades

Novice
Aug 9, 2014
Finally got Tremont Square, my urban BTB map with a subway, completely ready for testing with lighting and everything hopefully working and done. You guys can check it out in my bookmarks titled "Tremont Square BETA". Assuming I did it correctly, the map should be set up to play Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds.

oBXfF1A.jpg

JkX77SL.jpg

ghu5NuD.png

eGlnjdE.jpg

6axRK6z.png

ricU3xk.png

JihNHVd.png

lAmvirw.png

1uZO8C2.jpg

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I played a game on a version of this a week or two ago AceOfSpades . It seemed like a lot of the areas on the map were a tad too large, roads a bit too wide or paths unnecessarily large. It seemed to me that most of the areas on the map could be brought down in scale without changing much else and it might play a lot tighter. Less time spent sprinting to get back into the fight is never a bad thing.

AceOfSpades

Novice
Aug 9, 2014
I played a game on a version of this a week or two ago AceOfSpades . It seemed like a lot of the areas on the map were a tad too large, roads a bit too wide or paths unnecessarily large. It seemed to me that most of the areas on the map could be brought down in scale without changing much else and it might play a lot tighter. Less time spent sprinting to get back into the fight is never a bad thing.
The only reason I'm hesitant to scale down the roads especially is that warthog driving already feels a little bit tight in a few areas/around a few corners and I don't really want to exacerbate that issue.

Since the version you probably played, I've opened the map up more, most considerably in front of red base a lot of the structure of blue base. I've also opened up the floor from mid down to the middle of the subway system, and eliminated the whole back hotel area to bring that side of the map in a bit. I'm hoping these changes will address the issue Martian mentioned to me of players spending a lot of time sprinting around trying to find the fights.

I haven't gotten a game myself yet, so I hope I can get the chance to self-criticize as well.

EDIT: I currently have one man-cannon to allow infantry to traverse part of red base a little quicker, do you think a couple more man cannons placed around the map might help infantry skip past some of the wide open spaces?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The only reason I'm hesitant to scale down the roads especially is that warthog driving already feels a little bit tight in a few areas/around a few corners and I don't really want to exacerbate that issue.

Since the version you probably played, I've opened the map up more, most considerably in front of red base a lot of the structure of blue base. I've also opened up the floor from mid down to the middle of the subway system, and eliminated the whole back hotel area to bring that side of the map in a bit. I'm hoping these changes will address the issue Martian mentioned to me of players spending a lot of time sprinting around trying to find the fights.

I haven't gotten a game myself yet, so I hope I can get the chance to self-criticize as well.

EDIT: I currently have one man-cannon to allow infantry to traverse part of red base a little quicker, do you think a couple more man cannons placed around the map might help infantry skip past some of the wide open spaces?
I haven't played it yet (I'd like to), but if you need to retrospectively add man cannons to make a space more attractive for infantry it probably means the space wasn't well-designed in the first place. If there's a spot infantry want to avoid, there's a problem with the spot and making it easier to avoid won't change that. This is all just theoretical, of course.

This does look very cool, though. I look forward to checking it out.

Reactions: Squally DaBeanz