Lobby Recap Weekly Wednesday Wustoms #01 Recap

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
WWW01Recap_zpsd3e17c90.png
The first Weekly Wednesday Wustoms went very well. Here are some details. If you'd like to sign up for WWW#02, focusing again on minigames and casual maps, you can sign up HERE.​
Assassinations Only on Shadow Dwellers (King Ventura)
This game was really challenging at first. As the game implies, you can only go for assassinations. The initial batch of zombies had a really hard time breaking through the humans, especially since I wasn't paying attention and kept trying to hit them in the face (which, given enough tries actually does work but takes forever). There was actually one round where the humans, led by yours truly, managed to survive the onslaught. As the game wore on it actually became really interesting as the new players got used to it and tried new strategies. Personally, I enjoyed running around in a circle while everyone else got picked off.​
Good game.​
WWW01 01 - Shadow Dwellers 01.png
Slap!
WWW01 01 - Shadow Dwellers 02.png
He was actually unsuccessful here.
WWW01 01 - Shadow Dwellers 03.png
The grid is really quite gorgeous in its simplicity.
WWW01 01 - Shadow Dwellers 04.png
Pissin' in their cornflakes.
WWW01 01 - Shadow Dwellers 05.png
This goes about as well as you'd expect.
Mantis v2 on Mantis Warground v2 (AnthraXTHK)
This map was pretty cool, albeit it plays a little slow for a 4v4. There were extra mantises so I think it supports a full BTB team but I think it would be way too crowded for that. Anyway, it was interesting to have to approach your corners carefully and risk turning right around a corner (and thus sacrificing your missiles) for a hidden assault or take a left and possibly get double-teamed. Fun, challenging, and I was definitely the worst player on my team.​
WWW01 02 - Mantis Warground v2 01.png
No comment.
WWW01 02 - Mantis Warground v2 02.png
Sneaky sneaky.
WWW01 02 - Mantis Warground v2 03.png
SOON.
WWW01 02 - Mantis Warground v2 04.png
And the guy in the background died shortly thereafter.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Hot Potato on Hot Potato v2 (Hurry Dashboard)

This was my early favorite, and we played it several times. Anyone can grab the oddball, which is on auto-pickup and has a very short fuse. When the time goes off (shortly after you get six points for holding it) it explodes and kills the carrier. It's one life, and you're considered pretty brave if you actively run for the ball, which can be used to your advantage if you time it right, as shown below.

WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 01.png
Bumrush.
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 02.png
I have no idea why I took this photo.
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 03.png
3D is about $15 extra.
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 04.png
Hold...
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 05.png
Hoooooooollllllldddddd...
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 06.png
Release just so...
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 07.png
Let him have his moment.
WWW01 03 - Hot Potato v2 08.png
Finito.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Castle Wars CTF on Castle Wars CTF (garraKING159)

This was an interesting story, really. But it's best described with a few pictures, I think you'll understand the rest. Oh and keep in mind the damage tables have been changed.

WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 01.png
Overview for your edification.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 02.png
I almost made it...
:/
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 03.png
The famous line defense advance.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 04.png
By the way there's a giant gravity well right in the center of the map for no reason whatsoever that sends you 50 feet in the air if you walk into it, and almost always makes you crash in a vehicle.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 05.png
Line defense being pro-er.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 06.png
Facing down the enemy at their gates.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 07.png
The line defense proving its usefulness.
WWW01 04 - Castle Wars CTF 08.png
Why is the line defense called a defense when it's clearly offense? Because I said so.
Ro Sham Bo on Ro Sham Bo Hallway (yoman54)
I hated this. So much. So, so so much. "Balanced by randomness" is what I was told, "Incinerator Cannon team wins!" is what Chuck named it. I call it "Bad...so bad." I know people love it though, so here are a couple of pictures.​
WWW01 05 - Ro Sham Bo Hallway 02.png
My loyal spartans, doomed to die despite this being the ONE round in ten where we had more than one "power weapon."
WWW01 05 - Ro Sham Bo Hallway 03.png
Read: Power Weapon =/= Incinerator Cannon. We lost that round so hard.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Tremors Deluxe on Kevin Bacanyan (corduroyCHUCK with Xanon)

Classic Tremors. It feels almost exactly like it did in Halo 3. My only gripe was that you could throw the objective, which makes the game loads easier (and was apparently requested). Apparently there's a harder, more classic version that I've yet to play, but this one was pretty damn fun as is.

WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 01.png
Spot the spartans.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 02.png
A PERFECT pass.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 03.png
A brave push.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 04.png
This would've killed anyone...
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 05.png
But Chuck cheats on his own map.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 06.png
He's so mad.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 08.png
Jehovah's... Witnesses.
WWW01 06 - Kevin Bacanyon 07.png
My Free Willy remake didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
TC_Bounty on The Creed: Downtown (GryffinGuy007)

This map is absolutely beautiful. The gametype is leaves a little to be desired (namely damage boost and different weapons) but it was still really fun to run around on. I was atrocious at it but once my one life was spent it was awesome to watch the better players traverse the terrain with little issue.

WWW01 07 - The Creed Downtown 01.png
Cawwwwww.
WWW01 07 - The Creed Downtown 02.png
CAAAAAAAWWWWWW.
WWW01 07 - The Creed Downtown 03.png
If this map were a woman...
WWW01 07 - The Creed Downtown 04.png
Initial spawns are a little close but it does make for a mighty fine screenshot.
VFlood on FloodCity (iflod101)
This map is just as beautiful as the previous map and plays incredibly well for an open-world infection game. I genuinely felt I could win on either side, and the lines of sight are pretty awesome. Really I could talk about this all day.​
WWW01 08 - Flood City 01.png
That'd be me with the sniper rifle.
WWW01 08 - Flood City 02.png
Predators.
WWW01 08 - Flood City 03.png
Predators. Barely even human.
WWW01 08 - Flood City 04.png
Yeah there's a tank too. Probably should've mentioned that. For the record, it's balanced by the cramped streets.
WWW01 08 - Flood City 05.png
Especially with bastards that go straight for you.
GIF of the Week:
f8n5.gif
Poor guy just kept on shooting.
That's it for Weekly Wednesday Wustoms #01. Again, if you'd like to sign up for the next edition or give a suggestions on the focus of the next edition, go to the thread and drop a comment.​

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
That looks like it was a great custom party. Definitely wish I was there, I'll have to try and sign up for the next one if I can. Great recap!

Mr Pokephile

Proficient
Jan 4, 2013
A lot of those maps look really interesting. I'd really like to get a game on some of them. I'm glad to see tremors making a return too. Nice recap though!

Sakunai

Novice
Jan 16, 2013
Dat be a mighty fine unicorn I see up there. ;)

I was only here for an hour, but it was a pretty great hour! Can't wait for the next one! :D

Reactions: Titmar