Upgrades for Everyone!

OfficialNews.jpg
As we go along in our merry way, we'll be seeing a number of upgrades to the site, refining it, improving it, increasing it's goodness and making it better! Insane54 brings us a new batch of updates this week, with a few more planned on the way*. And you know what? He did all of this with the flu! What's your excuse?!

-Gamertags are now automagically grabbed from your profile when you create a game! :D
-Gamertag input removed, but still there on Edit
-"Staff" prefix added to games
-If you edit your game, you can add a prefix
-Prefixes now show in the Games sidebar
-Games with a stream now display "STREAMING" in the Games sidebar

And after that, he did some more!

-added "Gold Host" (should this have a better name? ideas?) secondary usergroup
-added automatic usergroup promotion: 25+ positive ratings adds you to the Gold Host group
-when a Gold Host has an event in the Games sidebar, it will have some kind of visual representation (right now it says "GOLD HOST" in bold, gold letters)
As you skimmed/read that list, you may have noticed something. "Gold Host? What's a Gold Host?" Well I'm about to get to that, you little bitch, don't interrupt. Fuckin'... Okay! So a Gold Host is simply someone who is given a sweet, shiny Gold thread title if they reach 25 likes as a lobby host. What are the rewards?

If any one of you become the first Gold Host, then you'll become a veritable celebrity among the community. New members will gaze upon your glowing lobby and think to themselves, "What is this magnificent creature, blessing us with a chance to play with them?" And you shall be that magnificent creature. You'll be rewarded with Solid Gold lobbies, thread titles, and hordes of adoring women. So hop to it, and be the first to reap the glory, which only the first may reap.

goldhost.jpg

Thanks for reading! Or, at least, skimming the bullet points. As a reward, I leave you this little teaser:

I also have a thought that *may* lead to alerts when events begin/end. We'll see!

Which, it seems to me, will make it a hell of a lot easier to reach that golden reward...!

*All of these changes are, in themselves, subject to change. So I apologize for any lack of consistency!

Now if only all of the people who actually joined my custom lobbies rated the host after playing...

If I somehow hit the Gold Host rank, I will seriously make my avatar a picture of Goldmember (sorry Tom).

Could you guys add a template for game hosting? Too many of these postings are "hey we're going to do something so yeah come join"... no one is going to RSVP for that. It makes it more difficult to find a decent lobby because of all these ineffective events that act as spam in the long run. With a template, it could draw more detail out of these kinds of hosters.

Reactions: Titmar and Tedium
Could you guys add a template for game hosting? Too many of these postings are "hey we're going to do something so yeah come join"... no one is going to RSVP for that. It makes it more difficult to find a decent lobby because of all these ineffective events that act as spam in the long run. With a template, it could draw more detail out of these kinds of hosters.
This is a good idea, but what would make it more effective would be to add filters in the "Join a Game" section so you could easily pick out what kind of lobby you want to join.

Reactions: RogerDodger
This is a good idea, but what would make it more effective would be to add filters in the "Join a Game" section so you could easily pick out what kind of lobby you want to join.
With the prefix tags +description text, you can easily tell what kind of lobby it is. Also, I think we'll find "high quality" lobbies will tend to have those prefixes, while random ones won't.

That said, we can do just about anything you guys can think up (I'm *always* happy to hear/field ideas for the site! new features, edits, upgrades, etc). If you've got a good idea for template changes, message me and I'll implement it if I like your ideas

man, the guy in charge of this site is a one man powerhouse. can't wait for future updates :D

can't wait to get that gold member title... mmmmm