Turf ( !!! )

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Darkprince909 has created a really kick ass Turf remake. I just discovered it and played a couple games on it yesterday, and I was really impressed!! He has done a great job recreating the gameplay of this classic favorite. I wanted to share this with you all.

turf1_zps06ef32b3.jpg

Make sure to use a Classic style gametype to get the feeling just right.

To download this map:
File Browser > Fileshare search by Gamertag > Darkprince909

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did, Turf was one of my favorites of all time.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
it can! i recommend playing remake maps with the No-Sprint, No Instant Respawn Classic style gametypes.
I believe the movement settings in H4 are 120% speed and 110% jump.
Then, just set up a map to have weapons on map instead of ordnance, adjust starting weapons, and you're pretty close! Feels great to me.

Reactions: Lights and Insane54

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
it can! i recommend playing remake maps with the No-Sprint, No Instant Respawn Classic style gametypes.
I believe the movement settings in H4 are 120% speed and 110% jump.
Then, just set up a map to have weapons on map instead of ordnance, adjust starting weapons, and you're pretty close! Feels great to me.
I have yet to try this, but the fact you say this makes me pretty excited to try it out. How close does it feel to H2? Better than the H3 remakes? Anything even a little close = a big win to me. It's been a challenge getting that H2-feeling gameplay back, it just didn't feel right in H3 and Reach :[

BigStack

Server Caretaker
Staff member
Dec 23, 2012
Is this for H4? I don't think you can disable sprint? If so then it was added in a recent update.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
ehh, i guess it feels more like 3 than 2. it's kinda tough for me to tell personally.
sprint and instant-respawn can be disabled with a modded gametype.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
dont forget to post your event in the upcoming games section :heart:

this is a great map, but i might suggest adding a few respawn points.
i've noticed after multiple games on this with large parties, we sometimes spawn way too near each other.
regardless of that, it is still an excellent forge.

Darkprince909

Master
Dec 31, 2012
Colby, Kansas
Hey Titmar, I got your PM over on Forgehub. Been meaning to reply, but I haven't had the time.

I'm stoked that my map is getting this much recognition in the Halo community. Up until now, none of my maps have ever attracted that much attention, but Turf is getting posted all over the place, it seems. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this up on your site, and it's awesome to see this being used in tournaments :D.

In regards to the spawns, could you tell me what areas seem to be respawn heavy? I have a couple other things I need to tweak on this map, and I can use that as an opportunity to balance out the spawns.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
yeah, it seemed like i ALWAYS would spawn at the little hut place, by the warthog, or in the building with the door.
if you're playing with a big party, you can just sit at the door and spawn kill people that are appearing by the hog.

i feel like all you'd have to do to fix this is just add a bunch more spawns.