Map THFE Feature: Republic

front-page-map-spotlight.png

Download Republic from HaloWaypoint!
The days of the Old Republic were some of the Galaxy's brightest. But that was before the dark times, before the Empire. Luckily, none of that really has anything to do with this map (Star Wars is still awesome, though). Republic does have to do with all things, Halo, Slayer, and fun-related however.

This is an asymmetric 4v4 map set on Ravine which takes advantage of the canvas's natural geometry to create a unique environment. The map radiates out from a central hub (recently dubbed "Ewok") which provides a variety of movement options on the bottom level and powerful sightlines on the top. In addition to holding top Ewok, your team will want to be sure to have an eye on the sniper and overshield as well as the powerful neutral rocket launcher. Republic provides a number movement options which become exposed to various lines of sight, encouraging teams to sweep rotationally around the map.

Last edited:
Because this map has been around for a while... does that make it "The Old Republic"? :p

Edit: Just noticed the old republic specifically being mentioned in the the OP... oh well, very interesting map regardless :y:

Reactions: Psychoduck
I remember testing this before it got into MM. I was happy to see another asym map being considered for MM. Republic is a beautiful map. One of those maps that makes you say "Damn it why didn't I think of making that?"

Props to Shifty Time for contributing to a better Halo 4 matchmaking experience. Scythe was getting lonely as pretty much the only asym forge map besides Shutout.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandril