front-page-map-spotlight.png
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!​
Hm? Oh sorry, I didn't see you there. I was too busy driving a flaming warthog off of a ramp amidst a haze of bullets, grenades, and traffic cones. One would think I would be used to this on the third iteration of a series of panic-inducing maps from The Psycho Duck, but this map just keeps bringing new forms of excitement to the table. Introducing Panic Attack, a squad-sized arena BTB map that may just be the best warthog experience you ever have.​
Panic Attack brings something new to the table as one of very few arena-style Big Team maps in the Halo series. This is a battleground that forces teams to work together and to play smart if they are going to grab victory, be it by grabbing an enemy flag, holding an extraction node, or by killing more foes than your enemy can gun down. Complementing this competitive focus, the Warthogs and Ghosts on the map are a force to be reckoned with in the right hands, with jumps and drop downs creating a variety of paths to take and options to explore. Whether you prefer to sit back and snipe towards top yellow, play close to the objective, or suppress with a vehicle, Panic Attack is one of the best BTB experiences around.​

Like i said in the description on THFE feature "This tops 2 and S by way far and a-lot of fun with the hogs and competitive game play. Download this because It is an amazing competitive map."

Bravo, :psychoduck:

Here's a question: What would you say would be an aspect of Panic Attack which you feel could be improved upon by a newer map?

Hmm, that's a tough one. Obviously, if there were any notable flaws with the map that weren't fundamentally built into the design, the map would still be in a testing and refinement phase and would not be dubbed "complete". So the question is this: are there any fundamental flaws built into the design? Only time will tell, i have yet to notice any but there absolutely could be some that are evading my attention. This is really the first time i can remember making a map that has fallen into place this well. I can confidently say that this map executes its design intent wonderfully. However, there could be flaws in that design intent that I haven't yet seen. Again, only time will tell.

If I were to tackle another arena BTB project right now (which i won't do, because I don't know what I would do to improve upon Panic Attack yet), there is one thing that I would rather like to try. In the past, i was always a big fan of making asymmetrical maps. I'd love to bring that aspect of my past forging experience into the picture alongside all of the other elements that have been continued and refined through this "series" of maps. We shall have to see what the future brings. Great question, though.

Reactions: RogerDodger