Map THFE Feature: Omi Shogun

front-page-map-spotlight.png

Download Omi Shogun from HaloWaypoint!
Download Giant Robot Attack from HaloWaypoint!
Halo matches come in many different shapes and sizes. Some pit players against one another in an arena, some pit players against each other on a giant Beer Pong table, and some pit players against a giant freaking robot with an array of deadly weapons at its disposal. Omi Shogun falls into the latter category.

Omi Shogun is a one-sided objective mini game where one team must assault the giant robot whilst the other defends it. The attackers must strategically position themselves behind cover and move a ball up to the goal at the foot of the robot. The defenders, on the other hand, possess a variety of defensive weapons with which to pwn n00bz. After each round, the teams switch just as you'd expect from any one-sided objective mode. If you have fond memories of attack and defend mini games from Halo days of yore like Stealin' Your Flags, Nom Nom, or Toadz in the Hole (I'm sure none of you have actually heard of that last one), Omi Shogun should be right up your alley. Master Debaytes and The 0micron have done great work here.

Have a map of your own you'd like to submit to THFE? Head on over to our submission forums and post today!

Debbie, what version is this? Please not the one we played on Saturday.
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Anyways, nice feature!!

Some pit players against one another in an arena, some pit players against each other on a giant Beer Pong table, and some pit players against a giant freaking robot with an array of deadly weapons at its disposal. Omi Shogun falls into the latter category.

Omi Shogun is a one-sided objective mini game where one team must assault the giant robot whilst the other defends it.
I'm going to just leave this here for spelling errors. But hey Great to finally see it done great job debates and Omi. I've seen it from almost the beginning and I think I can speak for every one that the result were unexpected. Keep up the great work the two of you. ;).

I'm going to just leave this here for spelling errors. But hey Great to finally see it done great job debates and Omi. I've seen it from almost the beginning and I think I can speak for every one that the result were unexpected. Keep up the great work the two of you. ;).
thou art no errors of the spelling young squire.

Reactions: Zandril
Charles thought that you guys meant "put" and he wasn't aware of the other definition of "pit".

Last edited:
This looks like a really interesting map. I really would like to play it in some customs. Keep them coming.

I had doubts when I first played this, but thanks to some improvements I really like this map and i would be more then happy to play this on my custom game (that's if I get 12 players)

I feel like most of Halo 4's minigames, including many popular ones, are completely mindless, repetitive, and dull, and this is a shame. This minigame, however, looks like a nice break from the dull games that seem to be the norm for H4 minigames now. It takes skill and strategy for both sides, and the map itself looks very well made, especially when the weapons are going off. It's clear that time and effort were put into the planning, creation, testing, and balancing of this map, and it actually looks like a ton of fun.

Halo 4 needs more minigames like this.

Last edited: