Map THFE Feature: Cryptic

front-page-map-spotlight.png

Check out Cryptic in the HaloCustoms map database!
Water drips from the ceiling within the dank underground labyrinth that is Cryptic. As the water pools, you half expect to see in it the reflection of a flood combat form sneaking up behind you. This is the vibe Cryptic creates, if the map were pulled directly from Halo CE's 343 Guilty Spark mission, no one would be any the wiser.

The fact that Cryptic recreates this classic atmosphere and hearkens back to classic Halo arenas such as Chill Out is all the more impressive because Cryptic's layout is something entirely new. While it may appear to be a simple room-based map radiating out from a central corridor, Cryptic is much more than that. The design of the rooms and the connections between them forces players to move vertically in order to traverse the map laterally. What's more, the layout provides one of the best KoTH experiences you'll find in Halo, with each hill requiring coordination and map control in order to be held. Cryptic provides a 2v2 and 3v3 experience which has few rivals. Sgt x Slaphead has truly created something special here.

Have a map of your own you'd like to submit to THFE? Head on over to our submission forums and post today!

Thanks so much for the feature Duck I really appreciate this. I spent a long time perfecting Cryptic and it means a lot to me to see it recognised. There are so many people I can thank for all the testing and feedback but I am sure they know who they are. I couldn't have done it without them. Developing this map has been a long process and I hope people are happy with the result. Not sure what I can say other than thank you.

Thanks so much for the feature Duck I really appreciate this. I spent a long time perfecting Cryptic and it means a lot to me to see it recognised. There are so many people I can thank for all the testing and feedback but I am sure they know who they are. I couldn't have done it without them. Developing this map has been a long process and I hope people are happy with the result. Not sure what I can say other than thank you.
Congratulations dude, well deserved! Solid map, with a whole lot of signature crafted into it!.

Reactions: Sgt x Slaphead
I remember playing on this though we whooped the other teams buts, we both had a great time on this map. Both teams at the the end of the game said good game and had a blast. This map brings me back to Halo CE for sure. This map creates friendship in loss and frustration. :) glad to see it's finally done. I highly recommend a download.

Reactions: Sgt x Slaphead
I remember this map's very first version. It was not very good. It was pretty awful. But you did what most forgers neglect on doing. Reforging an entire map. I think it's fairly obvious that this endeavor payed off very well for you. This feature is well deserved. This map has a very interesting design and layout and it's one of the most aesthetically pleasing Erosion maps I have ever seen.

Splendid job, Slaphead. Wangdril approves.

I remember this map's very first version. It was not very good. It was pretty awful. But you did what most forgers neglect on doing. Reforging an entire map. I think it's fairly obvious that this endeavor payed off very well for you. This feature is well deserved. This map has a very interesting design and layout and it's one of the most aesthetically pleasing Erosion maps I have ever seen.

Splendid job, Slaphead. Wangdril approves.
Thanks Zandril. The feedback you gave me early on was very helpful. It is pretty crazy how much the map changed since the original concept...