Map THFE Feature: Akasha

front-page-map-spotlight-png.7644

Few experiences in Halo can compare to those found on a competitive 2v2 map. These maps not only provide players with strategic options to practice their coordination with a partner, but also bring interactive multi-purpose geometry to the table. Akasha is a prime example of how a good 2v2 map plays.

Akasha provides limited hard movement options, forcing players to use risky teleporters and jumps to reclaim top control from their opponents. The pickups placed on the map provide teams with the perfect tools to defeat their opponents, with each item presenting its own risks and rewards. All of these great elements are wrapped into a package which draws inspiration from Halo CE's Damnation. Akasha takes advantage of the Erosion canvas in order to hearken back to its inspiration. a Chunk has clearly created a great map here, it's about time he got some recognition for it!

Have a map of your own you'd like to submit to THFE? Head on over to our submission forums and post today!

Reactions: Zandril and a Chunk
Thanks for the feature. Every map has its window of opportunity, where it's relevant and people will be willing to play it. I thought that window of opportunity had passed for Akasha, but perhaps this will give it another chance to shine. Excellent job on the video Psychoduck!

Thanks for the feature. Every map has its window of opportunity, where it's relevant and people will be willing to play it. I thought that window of opportunity had passed for Akasha, but perhaps this will give it another chance to shine. Excellent job on the video Psychoduck!

I actually wrote his script and edited the video. Duck is just the voice of the operation.

Reactions: Zandril and a Chunk

On the YouTube scene, it's definitely more beneficial to feature new content before it becomes well-known. Despite this, I try to keep a policy of featuring a good map independent of how well-known it is and who made it. WARHOLIC suggested this map when I recently asked around for good 2v2 content to feature and I quickly fell in love with the design. I was surprised that the map hadn't been brought to my attention sooner, to be honest. This map was long overdue for a feature, so better late than never. I really think this is a fantastic design, the limited hard routes make for some very interesting gameplay. I'd love to see some of your newer work in the THFE submission forums, Chunk.

Also, shut up Chewy :p

You know, I was literally going to upload my own feature for the map today. I had the file ready and everything.

ckWVHYj.jpg

So before anything else, I'd like to say goddammit Duck. :p

This is an excellent choice for a feature though. One of the very few maps on Erosion I actually like it. The map actually looks pretty damn good and it plays even more beautifully. It's about time one of Chunk's maps got on THFE. Guy doesn't get enough credit for all his maps. Excellent choice, Duck. Excellent choice indeed.

I love when maps that deserve more attention than they have get featured.