The Slammerss' Forging History

TheSlammerss

Novice
Jun 9, 2013
Hey all I just wanted to go down memory lane and see how far ive come as a forger, soooo enjoy!
Ps will be updating as best as I can!

Halo 3

Yep, I'm a halo 3 kid lol. I have no evidence of my maps from back then. I will try my best to find some pictures but hey I got this?
http://halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/fileshare.aspx?player=THE SLAMMERSS

Halo Reach

Ugh this game lol Ill come out and say it I hated reach's forge.... not because it was bad but because I hated the fact that every piece was some shitty metal.

All I could find are these two....."maps"

Quarantined:
shit.jpg

shit4.jpg

Video my friends and I made freshmen year of high school

And this map (totally forgot its name) but it was for some contest back during the reach days
shit2.jpg

Moving out of this shitty era of my forging career and into a new one.

Halo 4

Now in Halo 4 I started getting "serious"

Limitless:
Limit.jpg

4v4 symmetrical map, my entry map into the amazing MK25 kool kids club lol
Link to map:http://halocustoms.com/maps/limitless.615/

Concurrence:
My first map under the MK25 reign

Assail:
I teamed up with Auxi Clutch to create Assail, 2v2 of pure fun and sweat.

Syntax:
By far my most popular map to date up to this point. A modded canvas outside of vertigo that plays 2v2s and became MK25s second most popular video on their channel

I also happen to get into a top ten video on the MK25 channel with a ricochet map.
Around this time I reached out to Squally DaBeanz and learned some basic design stuff
and then I died (jk just personal life and school became more important to me)

Master Chief Collection
I resurrected from the dead during my freshman year of college to make about 2.5 maps lol

Havoc:
Again teaming up with Auxi Clutch to make a 1v1 map for the contest

Not a good time for me again actually, personal stuff got in the way and I decided it was time to just take a break.

Now onto my "Golden Age",

Halo 5
I wanted to redefine myself and make a splash in the community and get my name out.

Departed:
The beginning, I wanted my first map to look killer but have a safe layout. With a lot of love and help from redemption1272, Squally DaBeanz , Sethiroth , @eshkii and so many more I learned so much about layouts, a huge part of designing a map that I desperately lack skill in. I still love this map no matter how simple the layout is. This map took 3 months to make

redemption1272 challenged me to take my forging to a whole new level with my next map to continue improving with momentum.

And I think I'm in the right direction

Sanctum:
Where to begin, I started working on this map when forge came out, so about ~5-6 months. Currently still in "beta" . Once I'm happy with the map ill create a proper thread. Based off the Sunaion city in the campaign, I wanted the map to feel immersive and straight out of the campaign.

To quote Psychoduck, "Wow...That door...sex"

Designed specifically for Strongholds each stronghold plays differently and should be attacked and defended differently then the other two.

More to come.....Till next time!!!

~Slams

Attachments

• shit3.jpg
    shit3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

TheSlammerss

Novice
Jun 9, 2013
Good, the UCC lobby had zero spawning issues! However their main complaint was everything to them seemed purple lol so I'm gonna have to mix it up a bit with the lighting. Gonna wait for their proper notes and feedback before making some weapon changes. But just a few tweeks here and there and the map will be ready!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Good, the UCC lobby had zero spawning issues! However their main complaint was everything to them seemed purple lol so I'm gonna have to mix it up a bit with the lighting. Gonna wait for their proper notes and feedback before making some weapon changes. But just a few tweeks here and there and the map will be ready!
That sounds like some questionable feedback to me. Was this supposedly a readability issue? It may be too early for me to say, but I saw no such issues. Depth perception, target acquisition, and general environmental readability seemed to be in a good place to me.

Reactions: TheSlammerss