The Music Discussion Thread

Nobody Worthy

Qualified
Dec 30, 2012
A city in Florida
Well I figured I would capitialize this thread before anybody else did... so here it is.

Music in general is a part of our every day life (and yes this includes people who other-wise cant hear). We all enjoy/love/hate music. Some like rock... others rap or country as is the same with all types of music --trust me theres a lot of variants of music. Which brings me to the point of this thread...

Basically I want to use this thread not only to discuss music --but share it as well... any and all types as well. You can either provide a link to the song, a link to the artists site/facebook/twitter/etc, or simply just mention thier name and if possible some tunes by them.

I will get the ball rolling by giving a shout out to Daft Punk's work on the Tron: Legacy soundtrack. The track I really enjoyed are as following: The Son of Flynn/Recognizer, Outlands, Adagio for Tron, End of Line, and Derezzed. Really though the whole soundtrack is worth a listen as it blends classical and electro music to form something simply angelic sounding.

Reactions: ptrpedro

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Ohhhh god, one thread for music, this is gonna expand fast. Let's just throw around whatever I'm listening to right now:

old-school electro - much less cliche and much more funky (Daft Punk also has a way of making funky electro rather than the electro-house that it seems like is "the thing" nowadays)

newer hiphop with a classic feel, i like

https://soundcloud.com/prettylights/prettylights-vs-the-end-of-the
Pretty Lights is always, ALWAYS, good. trip-hop classy end of the world music with great samples from various genres

https://soundcloud.com/culturecode/above-beyond-thing-called-love-culture-code-remix
fantastic dubstep remix with the great trancey synths of Above and Beyond's "Thing Called Love". Seeing as Culture Code is (an arguably much better) breakoff project from Diverse, you can expect epic, awesome jobs on every single song they do

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I'll eventually (when I find the time and equitment to record and mix) put some of my music that I'm working on up, but for now I've been listing to alot of stuff, Dirty Heads, Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, Deadmau5, the list goes on and on and on.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
Dave Grohl just needs to get back behind a drum kit. i'm happy for all his success with the Foo Fighters, but frankly, can't stand his yell singing he does.

and Madonna went to high school in a neighboring town to mine... lol