Event The Halo Customs World Cup

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
The Internet allows people from all over the globe to connect with each other in a way that would otherwise be impossible. The way we can converse, cooperate and share is truly incredible. Taking advantage of this, the community of Halo Customs is made up of people from many places around the world, all sharing the very same love. We come together in this one place, ignore our differences and boundaries, and play Halo! Its awesome, and we want to celebrate that. So, before ado is in any way furthered, I would like to announce the...

front-page-world-cup.png
This cool little thing here is going to be a small competitive tournament made up of four teams of four, each representing the region they live in. The idea stemmed from when I was once thinking of things to do similar to the SvC events, only with another way to distinguish teams. The idea was passed around the staff and has since expanded into a full tournament!

The teams are as follows;

USA, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe.

Now, if you don't reside in any of these regions, We're really sorry. This is where the majority of the population of Halo Customs live and we need to keep the tournament relatively short, so not to delay other awesome events planned for the future. But, there is nothing stopping us hosting a larger World Cup tournament in the future! So don't rage quit or create a zillion proxies just yet. Instead, support your favourite region and let us know that you would have taken part so we can take into account what we can do next time.
Tournament Format
Okay, let me fill you in on the details. Instead of an elimination format like the recent 1v1 tournament, this will be a "Round Robin" set up in which each region meets all other regions in turn, just like many sports leagues. Each match will consist of three games of Throwdown Team Slayer V5 on the weeks map with each team will playing a total of three matches over three weeks.

Round 1 - 16th November
USA vs. Canada
Europe vs. United Kingdom

Round 2 - 23rd November
USA vs. Europe
Canada vs. United Kingdom

Round 3 - 30th November
Canada vs Europe
USA vs. United Kingdom

The region that lifts the Halo Customs World Cup aloft will be the one finishing up with the highest accumulative kills. Critically, this means that matches might not necessarily have to be won in order to take first place. I can see some tense gameplay as a result of this! In the event of a miraculous tie, regions will be differentiated by Kill/Death ratio. The map for the first round will be revealed once the teams are decided and we are ready to kick off. The maps for following rounds will be revealed in the weekly recaps.

Who gets to play?
Its up to you! Head to your respective "Locker Room" by clicking your flag to compile a group of the best players your region has to offer. Six players must stand up to the plate; four primary players and two back-ups. Just remember, all players must be available on the Saturdays from the 17th November to the 1th December. You have until the 14th to get ready. Go go go!

Weekly Recaps
We don't want anyone to miss out on the fun, so we will be keeping you all up to date with weekly recaps jam packed with fun stuff. First and foremost, a leaderboard will be shown to detail the current standings and major stats. This is a great way to compare the performance of each region and whatnot. A gameplay video from the MVP of each round will also be included to give you a taste of the action as well as a collection of screenshots from the other games.

Additionally, the overall MVP of the tournament will be awarded an awesome "World Cup MVP" custom title to brag about!

Prizes
Prizes? What more could you want than national pride and eternal glory? But if you insist, you can have a "World Cup Winner" custom title to pin to your chest. :D

Now go! Your region needs you!

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
I never said I wanted to be Captain. If there are any volunteers so be it but it is hard to organizes teams if you don't have some one to lead. That's all I'm Saying.

Dude, no offense, but you really need to learn when someone is just messing around with you for humor's sake.