The Halo Bulletin: 1.30.13 Summary

hc-coolstuff-jpg.398
The Halo Bulletin: 1.30.13 Summary

343i released a new Halo Bulletin that you can check out *here*. Here to give you a quick summary is yours truly.

In-game Fileshare now WORKING!

For a community like us, this is a HUGE update. The in-game file search is now fully functional. You can look up the most popular variants, the most recommended and even check out the most recent maps put into the fileshare cloud. With all of the new working filters for us to search for, it will be exciting for us to see what hidden gems we can find on others’ fileshares. Hopefully the web-based fileshare compliment will be along within this upcoming month!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grifball in Matchmaking:

For those who love to hammer away at their competition, you may have noticed Griffball has made its way to being its own matchmaking playlist. The chaotic sport that made its debut in Halo 3 back on Foundry is in the spotlight once again utilizing a handful of custom made courts. After playing the playlist for 30 minutes I can tell you this: it’s still crazy, it’s still fun, and I can still never time the swing of my grav hammer right.

Included in the bulletin is an interview with the Grifball creator himself: Burnie Burns. It is a highly enjoyable read and gives you good insight on the history of how Grifball came to be where it is today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spartan Ops Episode 8:

If you haven’t been keeping up with Spartan Ops I strongly recommend you get your butt out of Forge for a few hours and play through all the current episodes. The second season of Spartan Ops that kicked off a few weeks ago keeps getting better and better through a great story and many great new environments to play in. This upcoming Monday (Feb. 4), will mark the release of Episode 8 of Spartan Ops so you still have time to catch up. If you love a good story and some exciting new action, catch up this weekend and be ready to get back into the fight in a few days.

Doubles Playlist Incoming!:

The time has almost come for the Community Forge Playlist to go bye-bye for now but rest assured it will be back with new maps in the future. Taking its place though is a good replacement that I know a lot of people have been looking forward to: Team Doubles! The playlist will be heading to the matchmaking playlist this Monday with 3 Gametypes:

• Infinity Doubles – Infinity Slayer with a few slight tweaks
  • Doubles Pro – Slayer with no radar, personal ordnance, or instant respawn. Use of Gametype loadouts in place of personal loadouts.
  • CTF Doubles – My favorite; Capture the Flag with a partner.Custom loadouts and radar enabled.10 second respawns so make sure you and your partner are careful.
This playlist will include special variants that accommodate team doubles including a few community forge playlists, so this will definitely be a playlist to look forward too.

Two Specializations Unlocked:

Also, for those of us who weren’t fortunate enough to have all of the specializations unlocked for us, this week 343i is unlocking two of them: Rogue and Tracker! So for those of you that are stuck at a level well below the rest of your friends, don’t fret because you’ll be able to go up 20 more levels soon enough!

Well that’s all from me here at Halo Customs, make sure you check out the full Halo Bulletin on HaloWaypoint to get even more detailed information.

Until next time,
Wakko45

I ran out of room on the internal now I run it off my flash drive. But I need an external hardrive for the file share

they need to make completely new speacilaizations, and get the map pack released pronto.

does anyone ever play doubles? i know i dont

I can't wait for the doubles playlist. And I know this isn't in this bulletin but I'm also excited for the competitive playlist coming soon.

Does this mean that I'm cooler now since I was the first to post on the web that the fileshare was working? [everyone nodes NNNOOO] Well at least I was super happy when it happened and I think I am cooler because I broke the news! [everyone just facepalms] Spades signing out with what little pride I have left. LOL Whatever the proof is in the time stamps.

Reactions: Warrior Chair