The Forgers' Corner

Nobody Worthy

Qualified
Dec 30, 2012
A city in Florida
I figured I would make a thread to where those of us that forge (or those that have the urge to forge) could post ideas/concepts for maps/gametypes that we would like to see or are even making... Also can use the thread if you are having forgers-block .

EXAMPLE 1: I always was a fan of Cosmic Rick's Teamwerks gametype from Halo 3. I would love to see some one remake it.

EXAMPLE 2: Hey guys/gals. I am working on this sweet 2v2 map on Impact, however I am at a lost on what I should do for a small section of the map If you could help me come up with something then that would be great! My gamertag is: UsedExam2. Thanks!

...So... lets get this party started shall we?

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I'd love to see an area for unfinished maps, where other members of the community can help map authors fill their maps by downloading them, editing them, then showing them to the original creator. I did this with a friend once, each time editing it a little more before passing it to the other, and what turned out was pretty good!

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
One idea I had was to make a Frogger map where warthogs went flying (driving) across the screen and you have to get the flag. This could be done with the vehicle thing but I'm not the best at that kind of forging so if any one wants to make it go right ahead

theChief

Proficient
Jan 11, 2013
Hey, I've started working on a linear extraction map, the idea was to have a few different play styles combined. E.g. The first area is pretty much done-it is centered around wide spaces and longer sight lines. Then, when the attacking team captures the extraction point, all the spawns move to the second area, which could be quite vertical (just an idea :p ) I've got the basics sorted. Just need help with ideas for the next stages :p

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Do you know what would also be cool? If someone made a map where the drivable car from the THFE video loopd around an area and you could get in it :)

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
I would love to see maps remade from other fps games.
that could be doable, i know allot of the old FPS games like Quake and Doom had some really cool maps, with a custom game type that perhaps reduced run speed and damage you could possibly make a very genuine Doom or Quake experiance
also the maps are fairly simple and could be recreated pretty easily

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
that could be doable, i know allot of the old FPS games like Quake and Doom had some really cool maps, with a custom game type that perhaps reduced run speed and damage you could possibly make a very genuine Doom or Quake experiance
also the maps are fairly simple and could be recreated pretty easily
also you could make stuff on far cry 3 :) that map editor is amazing