Halo The Fail "X" System in Halo 4

Mar 13, 2013
California
I don't know how, but 343 made the X system even more useless then ever before. Before you would expect no one to say on my X therefore callouts come into play and gameplay moves on. But now, in this "improved" X system, it really disorients people when someone says on my X and then when someone tries to look for it, it already dissapears. Do you guys think I'm just complaining about something pretty silly or do you also feel at a disadvantage with this. FYI, I don't exactly care about the X system too much, I just want to know how the community feels about this whether it was useful or not.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
yeah if you ask me they aren't up nearly long enough to be considered useful.

for trying to make the game more noob friendly i dont know why they left X's out in the first place

Mar 13, 2013
California
i still think its better than the minute despawn from reach
i think it should be 15 seconds though
Well, if you like it like that, I guess that's fine, it's just that I liked how if you killed a sniperer, then you could retrieve his weapon and use it against the other team. Or if you had rockets then died with no one around you, and then you spawned close to your previous death, and then you return their... you would be able to use it again other than the weapon disappearing itself.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
i've been playing MM a lot since they did this, and i've barely even noticed it. FROWN.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
So they fucked up adding in a feature the worked perfectly fine in other games.

God damn it 343.

the night bat

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
The other day I was playing in team throwdown with Pistola and Elumnite (im not bragging, they're not on my friends list, i just matched with them in a game and since there was three of them they let me join their party NOT BRAGGING) and between games we were talking about callouts and we all agreed that 'on my X' is a stupid callout. Elumnite said that pretty much no pros used it either, even in older halo games.after they left i went back into my usual bunch of friends and made them promise never to use 'on my X' :) LOL

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
The other day I was playing in team throwdown with Pistola and Elumnite (im not bragging, they're not on my friends list, i just matched with them in a game and since there was three of them they let me join their party NOT BRAGGING) and between games we were talking about callouts and we all agreed that 'on my X' is a stupid callout. Elumnite said that pretty much no pros used it either, even in older halo games.after they left i went back into my usual bunch of friends and made them promise never to use 'on my X' :) LOL

Who are they?

Mar 13, 2013
California
Yeah, even the pros are drifting away from it lol