Map Preview Terminus

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
Greetings gentlemen. This here map (so far) is a co-forge between the Great MockKnizzle008 and I, designed for a wonderful mix of infantry and vehicle gameplay.
Anyway, the map is built for parties of 12-16 players and supports Infinity Slayer, CTF, Extraction, and KotH so far.

Vehicles:
2 warthogs
2 Ghosts
2 Mongeese

Ordinance:
1 Sniper
1 Rocket Launcher
1 Gravity Hammer
2 Sticky Detonators
2 Pulse Grenades (sets)
1 Railgun

Screenshots:
TerminusOV2_zpsae73faf8.png

Terminus1_zps0f1b78da.png

Terminus2_zpse979eab3.png

Terminus10_zps31d474d2.png

Terminus6_zpsd7133a11.png

Terminus9_zps72df3948.png

Terminus5_zpsb4498658.png

Terminus8_zpsa36c0674.png

Terminus7_zpsc36380a6.png

Terminus3_zps6840cef5.png

Terminus4_zpsc1db307e.png

Video Walkthrough:

Okay guys, tell us what you think and if you'd like to test just let us know (but we're pretty close-ish to being finished).

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Needs more pipe dream Behemoth. :p

This map has played rather well so far. I've enjoyed most games, though KOTH has always been a little derby. Extraction is better anyway. I really don't have any more feedback at this point, I think it's about ready to post.

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
Oh Shoe :heart:
I'm really glad you enjoy it.
Basically all we have left to work on/test is CTF.
Just need to tweak respawn zones and test a bit more, then this guy should be done. :D
As for pipe dream... well, the name speaks for itself. :/

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
This is actually the first time I've heard someone mention this, haha.
Some of them seem fairly long, but there are quite a few places to dip into for cover.
Let's say you're near the hammer platform in the middle of i5 (the main road in the middle); you could easily duck back behind the platform, or rush inside one of the two tunnels.
Needless to say, there are a lot of different ways to break these lines of sight in very basic ways.

Josh

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Australia
Your map looks great can't wait to give it a download and play it. But I do have one off-topic question, with the birds-eye view of the map (the first picture) do you get into theatre and move high enough to see the entire map or do you use a different technique? I'd really like to know.
- Josh

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
Your map looks great can't wait to give it a download and play it. But I do have one off-topic question, with the birds-eye view of the map (the first picture) do you get into theatre and move high enough to see the entire map or do you use a different technique? I'd really like to know.
- Josh

Well we had just barely enough room to fly up high enough for Mock to get the shot.
As for the download, unfortunately the map is not quite ready to be released, meaning that you cannot download it at this time. But we're getting pretty close to releasing it. :)
Thanks for the comment!

WARHOLIC

Expert
Jan 2, 2013
New York City
Anyone have thoughts on a neutral rocket spawn (hammer plat) and snipers at each base? Having the rockets at middle would make it a highly contested weapon for both teams. Which means some ammunition would be expended on infantry rather than just vehicles. This would also balance CTF games. Currently Blue Team has a safeguard with Rockets at their base. Any Hog that comes over for a pull might find themselves getting montaged.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
sweet i don't have to do this screenshots now lololol

like others in this thread, i'm very excited to play this badboy.

Reactions: Behemoth