Teleporters, how do they work?

ToaDrakua

Qualified
Oct 7, 2014
Just as the title says, I'm having trouble with teleporters in Halo 5. I'm trying to make a Portal-inspired map but given how teleporting doesn't seem work as it did in previous Halo's, I need some help.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Teleporters in Halo 5 work no differently than they have since Reach. There are just a few other options at our disposal now. If you describe the particular issue you're experiencing, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.

ToaDrakua

Qualified
Oct 7, 2014
Teleporters in Halo 5 work no differently than they have since Reach. There are just a few other options at our disposal now. If you describe the particular issue you're experiencing, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.
Well, When I try to fling drop into a sideways one, I expect to be flung from the receiver facing the way I entered. Instead I either get flung facing the other way of just finish dropping on the other side of the teleporter (depending on whether the setting for exit is "relative" or "exact"). I currently just have it set up now so that it drops you on a mancannon instead, but I would like to be able to make it without the mancannon effect ruining the look.