Taking suggestions for winter games of halolympics

daskoon

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
i guess i'm running some sort of series, see my WIP (summer games) http://halocustoms.com/threads/summer-halolympics-play-testers-needed.1058/ and my sorta finished map (triathalon) http://halocustoms.com/threads/halo-lympics.589/ for reference.

going for winter games next, need ideas. best one i got so far is maybe some kind of skeet shooting / snowmobiling (mongoose) sniper event with landmines, maybe they get you weapons for next event somehow, dunno, in early stages. please submit ideas below

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I made a biathlon game in Halo 3 on Sandtrap where you had to take a lap around the map on mongoose then snipe 5 fusion coils from far off before doing another lap. If you could find a way to do this with no honor rules it would be sweet.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
sorry, new to the forging gig... honor rules?
Honor rules are rules that the people of the party have to follow. So the host would set some rules before the game and everyone would have to follow them for the game to work right. In a game without honor rules, the map, gametype, and game mechanics would prevent a player from breaking the map instead of just their morals.

For example: If people were allowed to skip certain events in your gametype and rush right to the end for the win, it would need honor rules. The host would have to tell everyone to do the events in order and not cheat. However if you made it impossible to skip to the next event before completing the current event then the game wouldn't have honor rules. One way to do this would be have the next event at the end of the the mongoose race or have a target block a receiving teleporter node so when you shoot it then you can go through a teleporter to the next event.

daskoon

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
oh that's kinda what i figured but i wasn't sure. yeah my summer games needs some honor rules for sure. running out of kill zones to prevent people from running around the outside of the track and such

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
one thing you could do is a ski slope, you have to race though gates (anywhere else would kill you) first one down there is a hill to capture and they win, this would be a system where there are many maps for the games and you could just play for fun or keep track :D

MockKnizzle

Get Mockfucked
Dec 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Skeleton. The player must fling themselves off a ledge, through a killzone, and onto a track. Whoever's ragdolling corpse makes it the furthest wins.

daskoon

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
love the suggestions, keep them coming! winter games may end up being a series of maps instead of just one. that summer games was hard to keep in one single map. it's gonna need some honor rules for sure, running low on kill zones lol

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
love the suggestions, keep them coming! winter games may end up being a series of maps instead of just one. that summer games was hard to keep in one single map. it's gonna need some honor rules for sure, running low on kill zones lol
hahahaha