Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs, Comments, etc Thread

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
This is a central place wherein you can post your suggestions, ideas, bugs, comments, etc. We do recommend you use the Ticket system, which you can find in Help>Ticket, but this thread works as well.

When posting, please include as much information as possible:
If it's a suggestion or idea: elaborate the idea so we truly understand. Optionally, draw up a mockup of what you'd like, explain why it's a better idea than the others that we see.
If it's a bug, how can we reproduce it? What were you doing? On what platform?
If you have an issue with something on the site, again, explain what the issue is and give us as much information as possible.

If you have ideas you'd like to keep secret or personal issues, don't hesitate to send a private conversation to myself or any staff, and we will be happy to work with you to resolve any problem you may have :)

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
i want a "start a conversation button" on the actual profile of players, took me long to find the popup-playercards and it should be very easy to do

Reactions: SGC

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Yeah i know it works but as a new user i looked for this feature on other peoples profile but didnt find it, i bet other users are comfused as well if they havent used it yet

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
How is the timezone system set up?
I'm in the UK so every time I find a party I look to the timezone, but the only information I'm given is a location. If the location mentioned is New York for example, I would have to go and whack it in google and find out the time difference.

I was going to suggest having a small sidebar or something similar, exclusive to the "Join a Game" page that shows all the timezones and the differences.
Also, under the option for "Time Zone" in J-a-G I was going to suggest focusing on Timezones rather than locations.
For example, instead of having...

Time Zone : London/Europe
We'd have...
Time Zone : GMT +0 (London/Europe)
Unless of course it's already been done because now all I can see is lobbies in "London/Europe" so I'm thinking it may have been calibrated to GMT based on my profile settings. If so then ignore me I'm being dumb. xD

-Turtlespoon

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
How is the timezone system set up?
I'm in the UK so every time I find a party I look to the timezone, but the only information I'm given is a location. If the location mentioned is New York for example, I would have to go and whack it in google and find out the time difference.

I was going to suggest having a small sidebar or something similar, exclusive to the "Join a Game" page that shows all the timezones and the differences.
Also, under the option for "Time Zone" in J-a-G I was going to suggest focusing on Timezones rather than locations.
For example, instead of having...

Time Zone : London/Europe
We'd have...
Time Zone : GMT +0 (London/Europe)
Unless of course it's already been done because now all I can see is lobbies in "London/Europe" so I'm thinking it may have been calibrated to GMT based on my profile settings. If so then ignore me I'm being dumb. xD

-Turtlespoon
All times are automatically adjusted to your own timezone that's set in your profile ;)

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
All times are automatically adjusted to your own timezone that's set in your profile ;)
I thought so. I only noticed this now because up until recently I wasn't a member.
I suppose the suggestion is still useful for guests who haven't made a profile, but obviously it's less of a concern now considering they can sign up in less than 5 minutes.
-Turtle

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I know there's a ''what's new'' feature, but is there a recent threads list somewhere? I'm talking about recently commented on, not recently created. It would make me post more if i was to easily see everything recently talked about. Maybe there is one, I just can't find it. It would be perfect to display the aforementioned list somewhere easily viewable somewhere on the home page.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
I know there's a ''what's new'' feature, but is there a recent threads list somewhere? I'm talking about recently commented on, not recently created. It would make me post more if i was to easily see everything recently talked about. Maybe there is one, I just can't find it. It would be perfect to display the aforementioned list somewhere easily viewable somewhere on the home page.
like here? http://www.readyuplive.com/forum.php

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
We could do the "recent posts/threads" thing at the bottom, but I'm not a big fan of those blocks of statistics (we have really great statistics about just about any information you'd like, internally). The "What's New" button is kind of misleading; it lists off new posts, not new threads. Check it out: http://halocustoms.com/find-new/12461/threads. I could put it on the front page, but I think that people almost never use the "recent threads/posts" when its on a frontpage, from personal experience

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Its useful to keep track of a thread you posted in recently without leaving the homepage, but with the alerts system it seems pretty unnecessary as we can do that now anyway.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I think that the option to hide the chatbox, or certain forums, and to keep them hidden as long as one is on the same computer would be useful, and I've heard that from several people. I am not sure about how that could be implemented though.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Italics + small text makes quotes hard to read. It makes letters bump together. If someone posts like this there is no original to resort to:
http://halocustoms.com/threads/veet-for-men-hair-removal-review-not-for-the-faint-hearted.3021/
I just found myself copy/pasting it to notepad in order to read it. I am full of deep, soul-wrenching regret for having done so, but that's beside the point here.
Completely agree on this point, I'm gonna be going into the code and trying to make quotes more readable

Reactions: Indie Anthias

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
On the User pages, the Following and Followers boxes are awkwardly sized. They only allow two user pictures across, but it looks like they were intended to hold three. If anything were to be done, I'd say that the user picture sizes should be smaller, allowing for three across.

I know it's little, but this is a thread meant for things like this I guess.