Started my first Free Roam Flood map

GMango0828

Novice
Jan 16, 2013
Greetings Fellow Gamers,
I have just started working on my first Flood Free Roam map and I need a few tips, first of all I am pretty OCD and want all edges to line up, so my question is how do I use the "nudge tool" and how do I activate magnets? Also I am asking for suggestions on what type of map it should be, urban, rural, any others you can think of? I almost forgot if anyone wants to join me Friday to forge a flood map please just shoot me a PM or a message via Xbox. (GT: xXNegatvie36Xx)

Stupid

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Canada
Magnets can be activated by pressing the B button, scrolling down the menu and setting them to enabled.
'Nudging" (The co-ordinate system) is also accessed by pressing the B button while holding an object and navigating to the 'Edit Co-ordinates' menu.
If you need to "free-hand" an object, when neither magnets or co-ordinates will do, there are two tips that may help you to be more precise:

1. If you angle your camera so that you are looking at the object from directly above it, it will move much more slowly.
2. In order to slightly "nudge" the height of an object, you can hit LB or RB and then quickly press A right after. (Almost at the exact same time.)
This will cause the object to begin moving up or down, but then you will immediately let go of it, and so it will only have moved a little if you perform this correctly.

As far as what type of map it should be, that's up to you and what you feel comfortable with. I can say that there are definitely a lot more urban maps out there than rural-themed maps, but it's really up to you. Just pick something that you think is reasonable, and keep your budget in mind when forging it. Maybe look at the premade terrain and see if that inspires you, the more stuff you use that is already a part of the map, the less budget you need to use on things such as the floor/base of the map, and the more budget you have available for things like detail.