Map Preview Stardust (Name may change soon)

Madirate

Supreme Leader of China
Feb 16, 2013
(Now I normally don't make these kinds of threads or any threads i'm doing this so my map will be at it's best from feedback) So I was in forge and my goal was to make a small team "core" map that supported 3 plot territories, I succeeded well sort of... I then discovered that this map might work with 4v4 and 6 player ffa, It was not what I was going for but I thought "Why the hell not". Now the reason I designed the map to play with 3 plot territories is because it has a lot of nostalgia and It has unique gameplay! Before I bore you all with this paragraph, here is some pics of the map (Currently near beta)

VxHYviN.png
ltrf7H3.png
Jgvtxwc.png
vWQJebW.png

DxG0Ghk.png
ZCvlFAv.png
rVrNnrv.png
ovDLUyk.png

I will continue to update the map and hopefully will get tested soon.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
On the contrary... it's a good focal point which stops the rest of the map looking too "Square".
In Halo, there are very, very few rooms that are just plain squares with walls at right angles to the floors.
You should look at some of the architecture in Campaign, and Multiplayer to get inspiration on how to break up the same monotonous architecture.

For the tree; replace the block with a couple of small rocks and an upturned tin cup. Old school "rock gardens" used to be pretty common in maps to break up the same textures being everywhere, as well as providing a "real" feel to the map.

Madirate

Supreme Leader of China
Feb 16, 2013
On the contrary... it's a good focal point which stops the rest of the map looking too "Square".
In Halo, there are very, very few rooms that are just plain squares with walls at right angles to the floors.
You should look at some of the architecture in Campaign, and Multiplayer to get inspiration on how to break up the same monotonous architecture.

For the tree; replace the block with a couple of small rocks and an upturned tin cup. Old school "rock gardens" used to be pretty common in maps to break up the same textures being everywhere, as well as providing a "real" feel to the map.
Ok i'll edit the map and give it a real feel. Also i'll take a look at some campaign and MP maps.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
How do the palms live in this map? :p Btw I've never seen palms growing out of stone. This is not relevant if you don't want to make it perfect, but giving the player the illusion of a realistic place definitely is good for the overall feeling when playing the map.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
How do the palms live in this map? :p Btw I've never seen palms growing out of stone. This is not relevant if you don't want to make it perfect, but giving the player the illusion of a realistic place definitely is good for the overall feeling when playing the map.

le upside tin cup.

But that said... it's only a suggestion, it doesn't have to be done (probably shouldn't, it's way too overdone) but was just something to make an example of at looking at existing architecture in the games and what people have done previously etc to break up their own maps... :)