Staff vs. Community Showdown: RECAP!

hc-staffcommunity.jpg
RECAP

Welcome to the very first recap of our very first HaloCustoms Staff vs. Community Showdown! First and foremost, I'd just like to thank everyone who participated and made this inaugural SvC Showdown a success. We certainly had a ton of fun and hope you guys did as well. And don't worry if you didn't get a chance to participate this time around; we plan on making this a regular event so be on the lookout for an announcement sometime next week! Now, I guess it's time for what you all came here for, the recap!

Halo-4-Master-Chief-View3.png
GAME 1 - Extraction on Titan

GAME 1.jpg

What better way to kick off the event than an intense game of Extraction on Titan, made by our very own Squally DaBeanz. And I'll be honest, the Staff sure didn't come out strong in their first showing. The Community was letting everyone know that they weren't afraid of a little orange. CR4ZY J3WZZ snagged the neutral Mantis early on while xlvi gmen hopped in the Ghost, and together they were just too much for PsychoDuck and MockKnizzle's warthog duo. It was neck and neck until the very end when the Community really started to pull away, but of course, that could've had something to do with two of the Staffers (Vincent Torre and myself) losing connection mid-game! But I digress, a win's a win, right? Chalk one up for the Community!

FINAL SCORE
Staff: 3
Community: 5
GAME 2 - Capture the Flag on Panic Station

GAME 2.jpg

This one was truly a game for the ages, folks. The Community, feeling confident after their first win, wasn't letting up and got off to a quick 2-1 lead. But with the fear of losing two straight games and the embarrassment that was sure to follow, the Staff decided it was time to get their shit together. But boy did it come down to the wire. The Community was somehow able to sneak away with the flag for a third time and were only inches away from scoring before us Staffers began our glorious comeback. We were able to hold them off at their own base (for what seemed like years) while somehow grabbing their flag at the same time. And the tides had turned! With the momentum now on our side, we were able to get two unanswered flag caps to win the game.

FINAL SCORE
Staff: 3
Community: 2
GAME 3 - Classic Slayer BTB on Classic Valhalla

GAME 3.jpg

Since we had more players than expected, the scheduled map for this third match was a little on the small side for a 6v6 game. But thanks an earlier suggestion by the legendary (even though you were in party chat and had no idea of your legendary status) Tuttiti, we decided to deviate from the plan and go with a classic-style Ragnarok variant. This match definitely brought back some good memories. No personal ordnance, no mantises, just that good ole classic Valhalla feel from back in the Halo 3 days. It looked like the Community was going to have a good run with Shiralai at the helm of the warthog and Fuzzle taking charge with the Splaser, but in the end it just wasn't enough. The Staff put their game faces on and took care of business.

FINAL SCORE
Staff: 100
Community: 65
GAME 4 - 1 Flag CTF on Big Freeze

GAME 4.jpg

You may be thinking, "1 Flag? Errr...what? That wasn't included in the game.." Well,FlyingShoeILR has made that possible! We played his custom 1-Flag variant on he and Mr. MockKnizzle's Big Freeze. I'm not sure what happened to the Community on this one. I hate to say it, but you guys just weren't putting up a fight. As soon as the Staff was able to get the flag out from the main room on offense, there was no one in sight to stop us from the easy cap. Maybe because your Mantis was just no match for our Wraith? And when the Staff were on defense, wait... we were on defense??

FINAL SCORE
Staff: 2
Community: 0
GAME 5 - Ultimate on Ultimate Court

GAME 5.jpg

The final game of the official Showdown was an Ultimate Frisbee gametype that Vincent Torre recently concocted. This was a lot more laid back than our previous games, and I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time on this one regardless of the score. Personally, I was just having fun spamming Tedium with plasma shots to the face (Maybe that's why I didn't score?), but regardless of all the shenanigans the Staff took the victory.

FINAL SCORE
Staff: 5
Community: 1

STAFF WINS 4 - 1!

And that's it for our Staff vs. Community Showdown recap! There were quite a few more unofficial games taking place afterwards, but to keep things brief (and because I'm running out of things to say) I'll end things here. Again, we all had a blast doing this and can't wait to do it again! That is, if you're up for the challenge...

Damn I was going to jump into this but... Mass Effect. :)

Sounded like a lot of fun, even though I missed playing on my own map.

well you really got us, was fun participating and watching the stream (thanks vince), you wont get away that easily next time though ;)

Awesome write-up Dax. If I had been there, we would've won, not you bloody orangutans.

I need to start reading the announcements more often.