SvC Staff vs. Community #10

front-page-staffvscommunity.png
Man oh man, how long it has been since we last hosted one of these. Continuing the celebration of HaloCustoms's 3rd Anniversary, we have decided to go ahead and revive a fond memory of the somewhat distant past: Staff vs. Community.

Since the last SvC, the Staff team has gotten some fresh meat, as well thrown out some long forgotten cuts still sitting in the back of the freezer. We think the community actually has a fair shot this time around, but that's all on you guys now isn't it?

Since I'm sure you're all leaning off of your seats in curiosity, let me introduce you to the staff team roster you'll be playing against this time around, along with some fighting words from each of them:

The Staff Team:
The staff lineup will include Psychoduck, SOLIDSNAKEee, Jesus in Malibu, Flying Shoe and myself. There may be guest appearances from other staffers throughout the night as well.
The Community Team:
Sign up below! Community members will be rotated throughout the event to maximize the number of members who can participate.

The Games:
In the usual fashion, we'll kick things off with an unrelated warm-up match. Then, we'll play Strongholds on a mix of community and developer created maps. Participation allowing, we'll hold an afterparty as well.

The current scheduled time for the lobby is 6:30 PM EST this Friday, January 15th. We'll make a lobby here on HaloCustoms a little before the official starting time, and we'll likely be streaming the event as well (assuming technology presents no difficulties).

Bring your A-game this time community. We're ready to take you on once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not signing up but I was wondering if the community ever won an SvC event. I seem to remember we haven't. Still, us blueberries need to maximize chances of a win. When it's time for the sweaty game, I nominate ChewyNutCluster HAL0 M4N Bibz Nobelnaga (Who else among the blueberries are sweaty?) to represent the community.

I'm not joining because I suck but if the SvC event gets moved to a game of FIFA somehow, then I'll be the community's best bet.

P.S. Someone better make a highlight video of this.

Last edited:
Not signing up but I was wondering if the community ever won an SvC event. I seem to remember we haven't. Still, us blueberries need to maximize chances of a win. When it's time for the sweaty game, I nominate ChewyNutCluster HAL0 M4N Bibz Nobelnaga (Who else among the blueberries are sweaty?) to represent the community.

I'm not joining because I suck but if the SvC event gets moved to a game of FIFA somehow, then I'll be the communities best bet.

I'm honored by your nomination, sir. If I'm able to attend I'll make sure to kick some orange butt for you!

Wish I could join as soon as I can but I'll be celebrating my 17th birthday for a little bit but I'll try and join the SvC event!

Reactions: Auburn

I'm not joining because I suck but if the SvC event gets moved to a game of FIFA somehow, then I'll be the community's best bet.

Zandril, they need your assists.

In case anyone's currently in the process of getting ready to get sweaty:

We're trying to pick the best Strongholds maps currently available for the 4v4 player count. These will surely include Rig, Eden, Mystic, and Skyport. Feel free to brush up on those maps.

Reactions: EmbarkingZeus