Staff Q&A: Tedium

hc-staffq&a.jpg

It's that time of the.. well, it's Q&A time again! However, I have a slight dilemma this time around. I need some sort of introductory paragraph before I show you this awesome picture that segues into an even more awesome interview with Tedium. (Actually, the first part's a little more awkward than awesome. You'll soon find out soon enough, if you keep reading that is.) So anyways, back to this introduction paragraph. The problem is, it appears that I've run out of things to say. So I guess I'll just keep rambling until I deem this suitable for an introduction! Just a few more words for good measure... and maybe a couple more. There we go, now this seems like an adequate size!

6a00d8341c761a53ef0120a689adde970c-800wi.jpg
Mind you, this has nothing to do with Tedium, I just found it mildly humorous.

Dax: Teddy Bear, we need to talk. I'd say our relationship has reached the point where I - err, I mean, uhh, Staff Q&A time? Right, let's do that.

Daxo-kun! I am indecent! But uh... yeah, go ahead.

Dax: [shudders] I thought you could hear me knocking! Anyway, get dressed, the community needs you.

I'll need my underwear back first.

Dax: I... don't have it... WHO HAS YOUR UNDERWEAR THIS TIME YOU CHEATER?! Don't tell me it's Steve again, I knew it...

...N-no! I swear! I'm through with him. Things are... complicated...

Dax: Fine, we'll talk about this later. But don't think I'm going to forget. Now, don't keep the community waiting and go answer those questions!

But... I... okay.

Tomtris: WTF, YOU LIKE MLP PONY?!? WUT?!? (Coming from the guy rocking FOTUS Proudly)

Aha, yeah... I won't sound off on how it's not that girly, how it's pretty decent and there's seriously nothing weird about it once you get used to it not being the same as the 80's and 90's renditions, but I'm sure you've all heard that before. Long story short, too many good friends of mine recommended it to me for me to ignore. And, as much as I hated myself for it, I ended up really enjoying it! I suggest everyone tries it at least once :) Couldn't hurt eh? Trust me though, you'll want to keep it a secret :D Enjoy ;)

iws27: What is your favorite type of food? And do you own a cow?

Oho, I can tell you right now that the best food in the world, in my book, is Domino's pizza. It's just one of those things that at first seems like just some same old pizza. But then you eat it, and your pupils dilate in euphoric, soul-searchingly satisfying goodness. Give me some of that any day, and I'll gladly disregard the pleading cries of my friends and family as they try to convince me that eating so much pizza is unhealthy. I'm my own man, dammit! Speaking of which, no. My family is not wealthy enough to own a cow. All we have are lousy lobsters week after week, and these gross mushrooms rich people call "truffles".

IntuitiveLine: What music do you listen to? And whenever you are playing halo and you're in that MLG mood (lol), do you believe that playing music while you play helps or distracts?

Aw, yiss! A music question! You know, I never really considered myself a music guy. I knew a few of them, and they annoyed me. I guess that only stopped me from realizing it until someone asked me in length.

So allow me to answer your first question. Right here's a neat, varied list with just a taste of the kinds of things I'm in to. Favorite bands, in order of when I listened to them the most (starting at when I was just a kid), include:
  1. Backstreet Boys
  2. Nickelback
  3. Godsmack
  4. Disturbed
  5. Staind
  6. Flogging Molly
  7. Green Day
  8. System of a Down
  9. Shinedown
  10. Dragonforce
  11. Metallica
  12. Rhapsody of Fire
  13. Iced Earth
  14. Demons & Wizards :rofl:
  15. Avenged Sevenfold
  16. Serj Tankian
  17. Scars on Broadway
  18. August Burns Red
  19. Slipknot
  20. Bullet for my Valentine
  21. Trivium
  22. Slash
  23. Iron Maiden
  24. Breaking Benjamin
  25. Parkway Drive
  26. Dark Tranquility
  27. Atreyu
  28. As I Lay Dying
  29. Skrillex
  30. Callejon (for programming :p)
  31. In Flames
  32. The Human Abstract
  33. Device
  34. Pyrithion
  35. Ne Obliviscaris
  36. Misc :D
Though the band I most respect and enjoy would be Five Finger Death Punch, with their (in my opinion) nicely varied musical style. A good mix, I reckon, between melody and brutality. But that's just me :p

(This is all without mentioning the embarrassing amount of brony music I listen to. Give it a chance! I mean... I think it's pretty good)
As for the second question, it absolutely helps! All of the music I listen to has a context, and a slice of time that I associate with the band. When I first got into XBL on Halo 3, I had an epic mix playing through a USB which always got me going :p Good times... Though if I'm ever getting competitive, I stick on some of Blinded Colony's Bedtime Prayers (a sample).

General Sarbina: Dost thou liketh wafflez? Now going from ye old english, who is your favorite author and/or what is your favorite book?

I prefer pancakes :p Easier to make, you see. Though my childhood friend's mom made the best waffles at our sleepovers, which stand far above even the likes of pancakes. I'd take those any day :D

Again, putting aside the amazing MLP fanfic stories I've come across (seriously dude, I'm as freaking surprised as you are. I didn't expect a My Little Pony and Fallout crossover would grab me so much, and if I could have it any other way, believe me I freaking would :teddy:) I've really enjoyed Stephen King recently. Of the few books I've read of his so far, I'd say 11/22/63 is my favorite book. A perfect example of a book which appears generic at first, but whose delivery is absolutely spectacular.

top shot 125594: If you could design a hot babe how would you do it? What was your most loved halo game?
  1. Uhhhhhhmmmmm... I'll pass on that first one :p
  2. ODST!
WhiteWolfLegend:
1. MLP?! Dafuq?!? Really?!?
2. Waffles or pancakes?
3. Favorite Halo moment/character/game/area/plot
4. Do you want a cookie?
5. If 2+2=4 and you have 5 apples and I take away 3, what would be the mass of the Sun?
  1. Absolutely! And it totally doesn't feel weird any more! :rofl:
  2. Paaaancaaaaakes!
  3. Moment: Walking through the ruined New Mombasa in ODST. Such atmosphere! Such music! Such mystery! It had everything for me.
    Character: I was a big fan of Emile until he, you know. Died.
    Game: OhDeeEssTeeeeee!
    Area: I found the Flood-infested High Charity pretty epic in Halo 3. Whaaaat a mission!
    Plot: Gee, I'm not sure. I don't want to gush over ODST too much, so I suppose Halo 4's plot was pretty good. Actually, you know what? ODST's was better :p
  4. No thanks, I hate sugary goodness.
    ...OF COURSE I DO
  5. 2+2=4? How about 4/2 = 2? Add 3 and you get 5. Mind blown? Divide those two values together, and you get 1.989E30 Kg. Boom! Mass of the sun. Suck it.
Flying Shoe ILR: What is the ultimate question to the ultimate answer of life, the universe, and everything?

"How many roads must a man walk down?"
Don't believe me? Brush up on your sources :D

Great Mist 40: Do you like my bacon suit? if you do buy it so we can act like pimps for a while.

In real life, I'm kind of known as the bacon guy. So yes, I really like your suit. Let's do it. o/

PandaMan:
Will you let me touch it?
Will you give me a dollar if my dick can reach my asshole?
Can I drive your car?
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Wash your hands first.
NinetysBorn: Tedium, why do you choose the profile pictures that you choose?

I'm glad you asked! This is a stylized version of a drawing I made once for my Art course. We were supposed to do a series of artworks based on a list of topics. One topic was "Decay". Everyone around me was drawing dead rats, or something like that, but I decided to interpret as Decay of the Mind, as well as the flesh.

ted0.jpg

With this title in mind, I went about making the trippiest pieces of art I've ever done. With the original picture from my Avatar as a main piece, I went about interspersing a book filled with the stuff. Throughout, I had pages which, to me, represented a unique form of insanity. Here are a few of the text ones.

ted1.jpg

ted2.jpg

ted3.jpg

ted4.jpg

ted5.jpg

And so, with the two concepts linked, I found the association of tedium and that there picture to be pretty apt, after what I went through for that course. Got a pretty decent grade out of it, too!

Jl1223 X:
1. Howd you choose the name 'Tedium'?
2. How many phagocytes do you have in your body?
3. Do you like to put tin foil on your sausage and chest hair to boost your connection?
  1. See above :rolleyes: I actually first used this username sometime in 2010 when I joined a tabulation site, back when I was crazy into learning drum songs by tab. Anyway, I found making tabs really tedious, and so when I signed up I thought I'd reflect upon all the wasted hours on my art project by calling myself Tedium's Bitch.

I never logged in again though, because making tabs sucks.

Anyway, later that year Reach came out, and I got more seriously into forge. The way I'd make maps was very meticulous, complicated and detail focused - in short, tedious. I never got any good games on them though, since none of my friends ever gave a shit :laugh: Anyway, I reckoned I'd reuse that name when I signed up for ForgeHub. After a while I got tired of constantly seeing the word "Bitch" on my screen, and by that point most people just called me Tedium anyway. So I asked one of the mods to change it simply to Tedium, leaving everyone to change my nickname to Teddy :)
  2. As many as I choose to have. Don't want to waste any of them, you know.
  3. My sausage? Dude, I have at least six sausages. British ones, too. They're nice and tender, way better than any American sausage. Besides, I know how to handle a British sausage, the old six don't need any tin foil. I keep them warm with my hands and tongue. As for the chest hair, I only have one. It's like, six feet long though, and weaves in and out of my skin like a tightly knit sweater. It keep me and my sausages warm, but has crappy connection. I should try that tin foil thing though.
@♥Sky:
Can I have a hug?
Will you marry me?
Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
  1. Eh... uh... hey man, you know, I... it's not you, it's me, really... it's just... yeah. Sorry.
  2. Well that escalated quickly.
  3. I would put her in positions like the mission from my staircase to my kitchen.
DirtyyJuicebox: What is your most favoritest color ever? :laugh:

This one! Whoooooo! :laugh:

Fuzzle: Space-Cowboys or Zombie-Pirates and why?

Ha! Okay, let's see... Space-Cowboys? Pfft, that's laaaame. Zombie-Pirates all the way. Oh hey, wait a second... that's kind of been done in the first Pirates of the Caribbean... Gah, why couldn't you have asked Space-Zombies? Ah, well, I guess that's the Moon map of CoD zombies. Cowboy-pirates? Nah. I guess I'm just not that much of a fan of cowboys. That being said, I really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma. That's kinda like Cowboys. Badass movie. Back to the question, I suppose you never mentioned the context of the question. "Which are the best," Space-Cowboys or Zombie-Pirates? "Which would you rather be killed by," Space-Cowboys or Zombie-Pirates? Meh, I'll make my own.

Absentduck:
Why tedium?
Does it have a meaning?
What's your job here?
What's the point?
  1. I've always had a certain affinity towards doing tedious jobs with a longterm benefit. I find things such as these have a unique kind of reward, which comprises of both shock value and "no way could I do that" realization. When I was as young as 8 years old, I'd be writing over an over again on a sheet of paper. Not out of some autistic or anti-social symptom, but simply because I was bored and knew someone nearby would catch on to it eventually. I was pretty chill as a kid, always wanting attention but never wanting to appear obnoxious in desiring it. For me, it was the tedious work that made everyone gaze in awe at the pointless work that I would toil over, while the rest of the class worked quietly on tasks which, for me, held a worse kind of tedium that I had no desire to be apart of.

ted6.jpg
  2. Definitely.
  3. When I'm not writing up something for the front page (usually site news, or a funny video I might have seen) I enjoy weighing in on the happenings of the site behind the scenes. Of course, as Staff of the website, there's no real job title or job description - we all just enjoy chatting among eachother, and hanging out around the site.:)
  4. The end of a linear object, or a component thereof, whose width or total pinnacle surface area is a fraction of that of the rest of the body. Of course, if you're talking philosophically, I'd say it's the find out what you truly want out of life, and to pursue it with conviction. And if you're talking about the website, the whole point is basically to give BigStack something to stay up for at 4am.
Fiesty Fedora:
1. Would you be a brony with me?
2. I imagine you as a body builder type of guy with huge muscles. Is this true?
3. Why the name Tedium?
4. What was the hamster's name that you MURDERED?
5. WHAT HEARTLESS PERSON KILLS A HAMSTER?
6. HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?
  1. :heart:
  2. Well thank you! I'm not crazy about the body-building, but I am definitely buffer than most others. It's more a natural buffness, if anything - I don't even lift. However, since my genuinely gym-crazy friends tend to rub off on me, I naturally devote a bit of my time each day to a workout of some kind.
  3. See above :) The summary would be that I've got a high capacity for doing tedious jobs, as long as I can feel proud about the end product. Heck, recently I attended a mock art exhibition fundraiser, and sold a sculpture of mine for £25. I made it from wrapping 1mm thick wire around itself into a thickly knit coil, and "wove" it into a scale and balance structure, adorning it to conform to the theme of the exhibition. The problem was, weaving iron is a pretty painful and painstaking job, and took me about 3 hours to complete a 2ft length of the stuff. It was all good though, since I'm okay with the tedium. ;)
  4. I didn't murder it, I swear! And I can't remember his name. I didn't care for him at all, which I suppose was the problem...
  5. The same kind of person who kills people who ASKS TOO MANY QUESTIONS.
  6. Hey, everyone was sad and all, I just wanted to lighten the mood. Besides, I was only 8 years old. I didn't know that playing around with its carcass would only make them cry harder :rofl:.
And there you have it folks! That includes our wonderfully hilarious interview with Tedium, hope you enjoyed it! As always, be on the lookout for our next Staff Q&A very soon. Peace out, cub scouts.

Hmmmm i couldve sworn i got off the wierd part of the internet a while ago.

Well bravo! interesting, funny, and very disturbing.
I'm pretty sure the part of the internet that is considered weird is the entire internet. Getting off it requires you to close your browser.

WhiteWolfLegend:

1. MLP?! Dafuq?!? Really?!?
2. Waffles or pancakes?
3. Favorite Halo moment/character/game/area/plot
4. Do you want a cookie?
5. If 2+2=4 and you have 5 apples and I take away 3, what would be the mass of the Sun?
  1. Absolutely! And it totally doesn't feel weird any more! :rofl:
  2. Paaaancaaaaakes!
  3. Moment: Walking through the ruined New Mombasa in ODST. Such atmosphere! Such music! Such mystery! It had everything for me.
    Character: I was a big fan of Emile until he, you know. Died.
    Game: OhDeeEssTeeeeee!
    Area: I found the Flood-infested High Charity pretty epic in Halo 3. Whaaaat a mission!
    Plot: Gee, I'm not sure. I don't want to gush over ODST too much, so I suppose Halo 4's plot was pretty good. Actually, you know what? ODST's was better :p
  4. No thanks, I hate sugary goodness.
    ...OF COURSE I DO
  5. 2+2=4? How about 4/2 = 2? Add 3 and you get 5. Mind blown? Divide those two values together, and you get 1.989E30 Kg. Boom! Mass of the sun. Suck it.

1. :eek: Impossibru!!! Also, I am not too proud to say, since I posted this question, I have watched the odd MLP episode when babysitting my younger cousin, and it isn't all that bad. But, it still feels weird.
2. :y:
3. Moment: Same, or when you first crash on the Halo in Halo:CE
Char.: Sgt. Forge
Game: Halo Wars or Halo:CE
Area: The Library in H2. SSSSHHHIIITTT!!!
Plot: Halo:CE
36755695.jpg
28632016.jpg

Reactions: Tedium
Wow that's fucking awesome. The picture you drew and that "book" you created. Really nice work. I've always loved insane scribbling :) call me crazy (he he get it) whether it's all that insane unitology graffitti in Dead Space or the secret rooms in Portal completely covered in writing. I always found it interesting and cool
By the way love how one of the lines says, "It promised me death if I stay." Talk about atmosphere :)

Reactions: gmail and Tedium
Hey Tedium, I have to count the grains of sand on every beach on the planet. Wanna help?
Tedium do you get really sad and slice tomatoes really thin and throw them at the wall to help ease the pain?
:rofl: Certainly didn't expect either of those questions :laugh:

Z3R0FLAME No, that's stupid. You're stupid. Why would anyone want to do something as boring as that? That's boring. You're boring. I'm bored. Now if you'll excuse me, these grains of rice I have in front of me aren't going to count themselves.

Drizzy_Dan Kinda. I basically do what you said, except replace the word 'sad' with 'angry', 'tomatoes' with 'people' and 'the wall' with 'other people'.

top shot 125594 reply to Dax (top shot 125594: If you could design a hot babe how would you do it? What was your most loved halo game?
Uhhhhhhmmmmm... I'll pass on that first one :p
  1. ODST )

NO! ... you can not pass on the first one, answer or DIE! ...