Contest Sovereign: Round 1 Map Reveal

officialcompetition-jpg.4937

When Dax and I began searching for the best 1v1 maps in preparation for this tournament we were scouring all of the forums and youtube channels we could find to get our hands on. There were few to be found, though we fortunately happened upon a couple of beautifully made designs. Among those was an old submission for a Halo Reach contest at Forge Hub, re-imagined in Halo 4.

9xwe.jpg
lcc6.jpg

Sovereign, forged by PA1NTS, is a small asymmetrical arena complete with terrifying corners and deadly weapons. The map has been designed to let a player hold out in one spot if they so choose, but their opponent always had more than one way to counter. Sovereign never has a dull moment, and this is why we have chosen to have it start off the competition.

Courtesy of The Halo Network

If you still haven't signed yourself up for the tournament, you can do so here with our quick and easy sign-up form. Once you're signed up, you can use the time before Round One to practice with a friend on Sovereign. As mentioned before , we'll be announcing the rest of the maps with The Halo Network in the coming weeks and updating the brackets as each round passes. We would like to wish you all the best of luck in this tournament, and I hope you enjoy Sovereign.

by PA1NTS
by Doju

Before I go, I would just like to thank everyone involved in this project. Its been a long road of testing maps and engaging in discussions with great people like Doju and those who forged the tournament maps.

Is that Unity Slayer gametype gonna be used for all matches of the competition? Nice map!

if you guys still need more 1v1 maps download my Remake of G0DS R3GR3T's slayer map Lockdown. If you want i will list the weapons in the map.

Spoilers! :eek:
Why there are four names.

I hadn't noticed that little description before...

That appears to be Doju's list of approved Unity 1v1 maps. We decided early on though to chose the maps ourselves. If they happened to coincide with Doju's Unity maps, so be it, but we have many that are not among Doju's list and he has maps that we don't.

if you guys still need more 1v1 maps download my Remake of G0DS R3GR3T's slayer map Lockdown. If you want i will list the weapons in the map.

We made sure to get maps before this began, so we're all set. In the future though, we may be asking the community for maps in our contests.

Cant get the map? :(

I downloaded it fine with that link. I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Ermagerd. Making me look bad since I couldn't get that video yesterday!! Haha, but yea, my laptop thought it would be funny to go into sleep mode last night while I was trying to catch some zz's as well, not cool laptop. Anyway, video has been re-uploaded and stuff. :y:

Reactions: Buddy