Soundboards, Voice Changers, and the whole shabang...

Dodacus

Qualified
Dec 25, 2019
1580758638562.png

As of late I was muted for 24 hours for using a voice mod. This is not a problem, a 24 hour ban is nothing to cry about and this thread is not an appeal. This thread is for clarification of the rules. In rule 3 it states the overuse of soundboards as an offense.

3. Some trash talk is allowed but in a lot of cases, it ends up getting out of hand. Therefore, we ask users to be sensible to others. Do not attack others or use offensive insults (racism, bigotry, etc.) and absolutely no harm/death threats towards others. This includes towards others outside of this server.(edited)
3a. Microphone spam (including the overuse of soundboards) of any kind is not welcome here. Mic spam with the sole intent to the disrupt the lobby will result in a first-time ban.
3b. We encourage our users to record any offending activity ongoing in our voice channels and report it to our staff. Our staff team will collectively review the submitted information. Please have the list of Discord users in the voice channel on-screen so that we may see who is talking at a given moment during the recording.

However I have used a soundboard and I am currently using a Voice Mod as for entertainment purposes in lobbies. I have asked people in lobbys about this and they say voice mods are not allowed but there is no statement in the rules against them. Despite this argument some people reported me for using a voice mod. I did get a warning from Madirate and I know it is his job is to enforce the rules but there is no ruling against using such software, only bannable if spammed in the chat. I just want some clarification and dictation in the rules regarding the subject. All I am asking is that dictation be made for Voice Mod software and the such. I try my best not to infringe upon microphone spam but with a voice mod on it makes my voice more outspoken in the lobby and can be construed as such. I understand if my 24 hour mute was for mic spamming, however the bot specifically muted me for using the software in general.

All I want is clarification on the rules for future cases and to avoid permanent bans in the future. I do love this community and enjoy playing with the wonderful people that keep this game active. I know you all have worked hard to build this platform and are very active in the community. Thus, until I receive any information regarding this subject I will turn off my Voice Mod software to avoid complications. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

~Dodacus

Madirate

Supreme Leader of China
Feb 16, 2013
I did get a warning from Madirate and I know it is his job is to enforce the rules but there is no ruling against using such software

I warned you last night to cut it out and you didn't listen, people asked you to stop and you didn't listen. What you did was blatant mic-spam regardless if the rules don't mention such specific software.

I try my best not to infringe upon microphone spam but with a voice mod on it makes my voice more outspoken in the lobby

Even though you were using a loud Echo voice effect? sure.

All I want is clarification on the rules for future cases and to avoid permanent bans in the future. I do love this community and enjoy playing with the wonderful people that keep this game active. I know you all have worked hard to build this platform and are very active in the community. Thus, until I receive any information regarding this subject I will turn off my Voice Mod software to avoid complications. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Then we have an understanding then, if you do it again I will happily mute you for much longer. For clarification we allow the occasional soundboard when everyone is ok with it, using a loud and obnoxious voice changer for any reason in the voice chat is both annoying and frustrating when trying to communicate with others in the lobby. Hopefully I don't get any more reports about this and you can enjoy the custom games.

Dodacus

Qualified
Dec 25, 2019
I warned you last night to cut it out and you didn't listen, people asked you to stop and you didn't listen. What you did was blatant mic-spam regardless if the rules don't mention such specific software.

Even though you were using a loud Echo voice effect? sure.

Then we have an understanding then, if you do it again I will happily mute you for much longer. For clarification we allow the occasional soundboard when everyone is ok with it, using a loud and obnoxious voice changer for any reason in the voice chat is both annoying and frustrating when trying to communicate with others in the lobby. Hopefully I don't get any more reports about this and you can enjoy the custom games.

I see your points and I understand, I do want to ask if its ok to use voices that do not disrupt gameplay such as mimicing radio chatter, robot voices, alien voices, etc., as long as its not loud, obnoxious, and has a loud echoing effect.

Madirate

Supreme Leader of China
Feb 16, 2013
I see your points and I understand, I do want to ask if its ok to use voices that do not disrupt gameplay such as mimicing radio chatter, robot voices, alien voices, etc., as long as its not loud, obnoxious, and has a loud echoing effect.
I'd prefer you didn't, otherwise people will just report you again and i'm not going to know the context.