Site Updates & The Great Sandwich Debate

Which Makes Better Sammiches!?

• Total voters
hc-officialnews.jpg
Hey, you there! Listen to me! We here at HaloCustoms have a few cool new updates that we want to share with you to make your custom gaming easier and more fun. But more importantly is a crucial debate that has broken apart friendships, torn families apart, and even caused complete strangers to start fights. No this isn't another coming of the Crusades, this is something much bigger...​
**THE GREAT SAMMICH DEBATE**
hc-debate.png
Fellow forumgoers, today I pose to you a query of extreme importance. A query which is tied to what is perhaps the greatest dilemma presented to mankind: where can one get the best sammich? of course this debate is a big one, encompassing numerous varieties of sammich, served at a multitude of locations throughout the world. However, for the sake of this debate only two sammich joints are being examined: Quiznos and Subway.​
On one side we have our beloved admin Insane54 vowing that Subway has the more premium sammiches at a better price. In the other corner we have THFE's finest; Psychoduck shouting from the rooftops about how Quiznos makes the better sandwiches.​
Just this afternoon, I found myself engaged in debate with community manager InsaneFiddyFo regarding this very issue. I personally believe in the dominance of the toasty Quiznos sammich, while our community manager believes that the fresh Subway is superior. So, I extend the question to you, the community: which of these establishments is the vendor of the better sammich? Leave your responses in the comments below! -PsychoDuck

..Erm anyways, back to the site updates. As many of you have noticed we have a new rank system in place!
Updated user ranks. They're based on trophy score (http://halocustoms.com/help/trophies), and the names are based off of the Halo 4 commendation ranks:
Novice >= 0
Qualified >= 10
Proficient >= 20
Adept >= 40
Expert >= 60
Distinguished >= 80
Master >= 100

These are all subject to change in the future.
-Insane54

Another thing people may have noticed is that now every time you RSVP in a custom lobby thread, a tab in your browser is opened up. This tab actually opens to xbox.com, and if logged into that site it will direct you to message the host of the lobby! This makes it very easy for both the community and the host to communicate. Now as soon as you RSVP you can message your host from your computer with 'inv' or whatever silly message you can come up with. Also, underneath the RSVP buttons is an additional link to message your host in case you want to send him more messages.

Gold Host
We would also like to remind people of the great and noble rank of *GOLD HOST*. These members get a specially highlighted lobby and a custom title! "OH WAKKO, HOW DO WE GET SUCH A RANK!?!?" Don't worry, it's very doable. All you need to do to get this rank is get 25 positive host ratings! Here are some tips that might help get people to rate your lobbies after you're done hosting:

The VIP System:
Used by the likes of our very own first Gold Host, spiteful, this method encourages people to go back to the thread and rate the host. By rating, they will be put on the VIP list for the host's next lobby which guarantees an invite.

The @ Tag:
A new feature that may help hosts to remind their parties to rate them is the @ tag. Simply type @UsersNameHere and the user will receive a notification that they were tagged. After your party is over you can simply @ tag everyone that RSVP'd for your game in the game thread itself. To make it a little less ugly you can always hide it in a spoiler too!
EX:
Insane54 Psychoduck Hey guys hoped you enjoyed the games and your sandwiches, don't forget to rate me as a host!

One final thing, for those of you who use the Light skin over the Dark skin (Light:heart:), you'll notice it is much more up-to-date with the features that were added to the Dark skin.

That's it for now everyone, thanks!!

Subway is the best sandwich. Just sayin', Quiznos, yaknow, its decent man. But it's no Meatball Pepperoni Sub on Hearty Italian with provolone -- yes, toasted please -- all veggies, and a nice smattering of Chipotle on top.

You know the difference between a weak sandwich, and a sandwich that has strength? A weak sandwich you can chew and still talk. A sandwich with strength, you chew, the meat just absorbs all the space and all the air possible all in your throat, to the point that if you wanted to start talking, nothing but "Mmm mmmmph" is coming out. Word!

And that sandwich, dear friends, is Subway's sandwiches. Quiznos is decent, sure, but it's no strong burger. Quiznos doesn't even lift, bro.

Woah woah woah, When I expect a foot-long I want every inch! (heyo)
When I get a quiznos sammich, I'm buying the meatiness and the thickest. (heyo)
I don't want some disappointing, under performing sammich that lies about its size! (heyo)
I only accept the best if I'm going to put in my mouth! (heyo)

Woah woah woah, When I expect a foot-long I want every inch! (heyo)
When I get a quiznos sammich, I'm buying the meatiness and the thickest. (heyo)
I don't want some disappointing, under performing sammich that lies about its size! (heyo)
I only accept the best if I'm going to put in my mouth! (heyo)

Tomtris pls.

More of us need to choose to Eat Fresh.

Reactions: FloydRTC95
i like Quizno's pre-made flavor combinations much better than Subway.
However, at subway i can create my own monstrosity of a sandwich, so that earns them mucho points.

But if we're judging here just based on default sandwiches alone, I'm going to have to go with the Quiz.

i like Quizno's pre-made flavor combinations much better than Subway.
However, at subway i can create my own monstrosity of a sandwich, so that earns them mucho points.

But if we're judging here just based on default sandwiches alone, I'm going to have to go with the Quiz.

It's store vs store. Who makes YOUR sammich the best?

Well, Subway uses extremely flat and shitty bread, has fatty as hell meat, and has limp, unripe veggies. So in terms of flavor/ taste it kind of sucks, don't care how much I can get for 5 bucks.

Quiznos I've never eaten at, but I honestly do not expect much better, and I've heard it's maybe just a little better.

In the end, I'll answer a question with a question: Why go to Subway or Quiznos, when more than likely there is a small shop nearby that makes a slightly more expensive and infinitely better sandwich. If you are in any major city, or even many small towns, and you get a sandwich from either of these places you are missing out.

My recommendation if you are ever near one: http://www.capriottis.com

Well, Subway uses extremely flat and shitty bread, has fatty as hell meat, and has limp, unripe veggies. So in terms of flavor/ taste it kind of sucks, don't care how much I can get for 5 bucks.

Quiznos I've never eaten at, but I honestly do not expect much better, and I've heard it's maybe just a little better.

In the end, I'll answer a question with a question: Why go to Subway or Quiznos, when more than likely there is a small shop nearby that makes a slightly more expensive and infinitely better sandwich. If you are in any major city, or even many small towns, and you get a sandwich from either of these places you are missing out.

My recommendation if you are ever near one: http://www.capriottis.com

He works against the common good of humanity!

KILL THE HERETIC!

I mean, on my university campus (which is the 7th largest in the nation), Subway out-competed Quiznos on campus and officially as of last year, all of the Quiznos on campus were replaced with Subways.

So yeah, that's a pretty good sample size, almost 50,000 students, and most of them prefer Subway. Personally, I prefer Subway myself anyway.

I feel like I choose to go to Subway while I live in the suburbs but once I go to NYC and I want a quick sandwich, I'd definitely have to go a Quiznos. It's weird but it makes sense to me atleast.

Subway gave the football team i play for some sandwiches and people kept telling me to eat theirs for it sucked and i told them I dont want dat shit
Quiznos did the same and everyone loved it results speak for themselves