Srs Bzns Site Update 04/11/21

SRSBZNS.png

Following up with the recent updates over on the community Discord server, here's an update to fill you in on changes made over on the website also.

The major change you may have noticed is the migration of the LFG Host Rating system from the site over to Discord. Although this does strip away a lot of the features the site-based system had, the change was made to help promote cohesive user engagement. The "Road to Platinum Host" has been preserved however, both in earnable Discord roles and legacy trophies/badges here on HaloCustoms.com. Any progress you may have made towards becoming a Platinum Host has also been transferred over allowing hosts to pick up where they left off.

The elephant in the room however is the "Road to Customs Connoisseur" which was coined to reward players whom attended custom games and rated hosts with the same kinds of recognition in the long run. Although this feature wasn't able to make the jump to Discord at this time I would like to thank all those that participated in rating hosts on the site. Anyone whom did so will notice that they have the Customs Connoisseur trophy in commemoration of their support.

CCtrophy.png

Beyond this change some general housekeeping has also made to streamline the community forums into 2 distinct nodes, Custom Games/Forge Discussion and General Discussion. Further clean-up behind the scenes will also mean that legacy archival content such as old lobby posts can be made publicly available for anyone wanting a taste of nostalgia in the near future. I'll be sure to let you all know when this content is live.

Some subtle new features have also been added to the site the supplement the maps section allowing for better sorting and displaying of content. A new trending algorithm now replaces the dated "Top Maps" section to ensure that recent non-megapack content from community is showcased both on the sidebar of the maps section and on the homepage.

Furthermore you can now add fancy cover images to all your content across the site on threads, map posts and even your profile page.

Restore4.png

Finally on the subject of archiving legacy content I'd like to announce Project Restore 4, an archival project to restore as much of the 1,176 pieces of Halo 4 Xbox 360 content on the site to their former glory with up-to-date images (where required) and full download support/availability for MCC on PC to ensure that as little content is lost as possible when legacy fileshare and multiplayer support comes to a close later this year. Once this happens the remaining content will be removed from public view (submissions for new legacy content has now been closed).

If this is something you have an interest in contributing to, be sure to let me know.

Closing out this update, stay safe and keep and custom gaming.

Reactions: Jebus