Core Sibyllin

CyaMax35

Proficient
Jun 21, 2014
France
Sibyllin (version 2015-05-04) - Map Remake Cryptic

15041811314419558213183026.png

Hi people
I present a remake of Cryptic was originally on Halo 4 Xbox 360 by Sgt x slaphead,
this is a card that I liked and I wanted again on halo 2 anniversasry.
It is asymmetrical and can be played in 1vs1, 2vs2, 4vs4.
I renamed "Sibyllin" because it is a synonym for translating cryptic and also because I added my personal touch to this map.

Armement:

2 Assault Rilf
6 Battle Rilf
2 Magnum
1 Plasma Rlf

Read more about this map...

CyaMax35

Proficient
Jun 21, 2014
France
I recently learned that he also has a remake
I did not know when I've done
It was a map that I had enjoyed on Halo 4 so I wanted to do it again
But as I have not seen
Yes, his interested

PS: sorry for the translation errors :rolleyes:

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
I can't believe this was posted just as I was finalizing my H2A re imagining of Cryptic and this looks better than mine! What's really cool about this is that mine has seen quite a few changes and I was considering doing another version that would be more of an exact remake but it look like you got there first. It looks better than the original and I have a feeling it will probably play better than my re imagining. My new version has been made with up to 8 players in mind rather than 6 although I am sure it lost something from being extended. It is great to see the original layout back in Halo 2. Thank you so much for doing such an excellent job on bringing this back.

Edit - Just walked around on the map and it is extremely accurate to the original. How did you do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychoduck

CyaMax35

Proficient
Jun 21, 2014
France
To remake this map, I use the version of Xbox 360 Halo 4 and screen
I wanted to remake it because this map has been my favorite among the competitive map Forge
And as I am in the aesthetical forge, I also focused on the visual
for added my personal touch

I am happy you like it

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I played the map earlier today and I have some feedback for you.

- Too much colorz. The map is a little rough on the eyes because of this. You don't have to color every single object. Only color pieces that players will surely be facing during an engagement or just when they're walking around. For example, you don't need to paint the floor. Keep it clean.
- There were some framerate drops. Either use simpler pieces for some areas or lessen the actual number of pieces in the map.
- The death pit looks tacky with the satellites sticking out of the ground acting like spikes. This is just my preference but I think you should just keep the bottom of the pit flat like in the original or maybe use a terrain piece.
- Some spawning problems (players spawning right in front of and near an opponent). This may just be H2A's spawning system but I suggest you double check the spawn points to be sure.
- I don't remember if this was how it was in the original but the ceiling of the tunnel connecting the central atrium to the purple atrium is kinda low. Players bump their heads against it when they jump. This sort of led to an annoying firefight in that tunnel.

I don't really have anything to complain about regarding the design because as a remake, this map is pretty damn accurate to the original.

Reactions: Madirate

CyaMax35

Proficient
Jun 21, 2014
France
Thank you for it advice
It will be very useful to me for future competetive card design

The version that is in the file share is the second
The first was too heavy, I had already reduced the number of block

My first goal was to make the most accurate reamke
And add the exterior and interior decor
As for sanctuary