"Saw" Custom Mini-game

xNWMx Purr

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone remembers the Saw mini-game from Halo 3? I had no seen a recreation of it in Reach, nor in Halo 4 and I would love to see one!

For those of you who are not familiar, Saw was an infection custom where the humans would start in a maze. The infected started behind them, had invulnerability, a hammer, and a sword; but walked extremely slow. The object of the game was for all the players to go through the maze without dying; however, the infected wasn't their only threat. Along the maze players could spring traps, either on themselves, teammates, or the infected (I think he could still die from splatter). One specific trap I remember was a barrier being blocked by a power-up, but pushed from the other side by a positioned grav-lift. When the power up was grabbed the barrier would fly into and kill the person that picked of the power-up. This game mode, as you can imagine would be deathly chilling and fuel a lot of adrenaline with suspense. My favorite game-modes are always those that scare you (much like the new slender map) and Saw was definitely frightening.

In Halo 3; however, the map and game-mode was flawed. There wasn't really a way to end the game once the player got to the end. He would just have to die, and of course scoring wasn't the best. That being said, after seeing what has been accomplished in Halo 4, I would love to see a second attempt at this awesome game-type where it can be tuned to perfection. I would make it myself; however, I haven't forged since Halo 3 and do not have the time to learn Halo 4's forge and do it myself. Also I am not as creative as the great forgers I have seen thus far.

If you think this is a good idea, let me know. And more importantly, if you know a forger for the job, let him/her know!

Thanks for reading,
Jay

P.S. - If you end up making the map, make it for the Alliance, you know what you must do..

GiantDwarf01

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Well this certainly piped my interest. I'm not particularly an expert with aesthetics but I can make traps *muhahaha* As for the Alliance, I'm what you may call, a mercenary, but if you 'hire' me I will add some Smheefs for your cause. ;)

xNWMx Purr

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Well this certainly piped my interest. I'm not particularly an expert with aesthetics but I can make traps *muhahaha* As for the Alliance, I'm what you may call, a mercenary, but if you 'hire' me I will add some Smheefs for your cause. ;)
We'll this map is intended as a charity for the community, but maybe there is an aesthetics expert within the alliance that you may collaborate with? :)