Contest Round 3 Begins

officialcompetition-jpg.5084

Herro everyone! This update officially wraps up Round 2 of our 1v1 Tournament. In this round both friends and foes were made (mostly foes) and 128 contestants are still up to fight for fame, fortune and prizes of course sponsored by gamermodz.

- Round 3 has now Begun -

Let's keep this party started!
It is of course accompanied by an official video provided by TheHaloNetwork that gives you a great overview on what's to come. Personally, I will crouch through that window all day in my match (thanks Dax).

As always you and your opponent will be automatically matched in a thread, you will receive notifications when the appropriate threads are set up.

Download Links

URGENT: Do not Accidentally Forfeit
There has been some confusion on how the winner is chosen when communication between both opponents fails:
  1. Make sure to reply to the thread you are tagged in, this thread is not only meant for you to organise your match but also a way to show your availability for the match (if your opponent does not reply/replies too late you can prove your efforts to communicate)
  2. If both contestants try to arrange a match but can't find a fitting time and date the winner will be chosen by availability (the contestant that is available for a longer time period is the winner)
  3. If you encounter any other problems please report them in the Argument Report Threador ask a question in the Queries & Questions Thread.
An important message from Tedium:
Tedium said:
In order to make sure that the matches happen in good time, we will be adding a second new rule to the Tournament. In the last round, we experienced an uncomfortable number of miscommunications, and we want to make sure that doesn't happen again. As a reminder, you must reply to your thread before 11:59pm CST on Sunday 11 August to show the Tournament Moderators that you have attempted to organize your match.

If you have not attempted to organize your match in your thread by 11:59pm CST on Wednesday 14 August, we will be forced to forfeit your match and move on to the Secondary Matchups. For more information on Secondary Matchups, please refer to the Double Elimination explanation from the previous Round Updates. If any questions remain, or if you still do not understand, read through the previous questions in the Queries & Questions Thread. Ask away if your question hasn't yet been answered!

Top 10 submissions
Do not forget to submit awesome/funny/failed moments of your 1v1 matches here (sidenote: the clip HAS to be recorded in the actual tournament match :p). This weeks' Top 10 has been delayed, but don't worry, it's on its way! It's release has been pushed back to tomorrow, Saturday 10.

Wrapping up this announcement, I wish everyone the best of luck in this round and beg you don't get matched against me bwahahahaha!

-Fuzzle out

Reactions: Fuzzle
I can't believe the forger didn't even have the dignity to give Carbonite a description on Waypoint. "Collision craters like these rarely elicit the need for embedded teams" are you serious?

I can't believe the forger didn't even have the dignity to give Carbonite a description on Waypoint. "Collision craters like these rarely elicit the need for embedded teams" are you serious?

Uh... that's what you take away from all this? Mmk. Well consider his extensive and informative video as a stand-in for the lack of a one sentence description.

This map plays really, really well. It is an excellent remake and in my opinion plays even better than the original map back in Halo 3 :)

How was this forged in Halo 3 if there were no blocks?

However forging in Halo 3 was a very limited process, as there was no 'phased' or 'fixed' modes like there are in today's forge. This meant that people has to literally balance pieces on top of one another in order to make their maps.

However forging in Halo 3 was a very limited process, as there was no 'phased' or 'fixed' modes like there are in today's forge. This meant that people has to literally balance pieces on top of one another in order to make their maps.
Or use an elaborate set of glitches to phase.
Unbelievable... I can't believe that people to this day continue to claim that Halo 3 was the perfect game and 343 killed it- and that custom games in 3 were the best- when the H3 forge was that bad.

I think mr pokephile made some really good comments about this topic in this video from 5:56 to the end.

Unbelievable... I can't believe that people to this day continue to claim that Halo 3 was the perfect game and 343 killed it- and that custom games in 3 were the best- when the H3 forge was that bad.

I think mr pokephile made some really good comments about this topic in this video from 5:56 to the end.

I think people thought that Halo 3's forge was amazing as it was new and revolutionary; thus people thought that it was extremely good (and it was in my opinion, and there were lots of really fun games created in H3's forge).

For me, I was completely awestruck by H3's ability to create environments, and then play in them against your friends! That excitement doubled when I saw all of the phasing, tricks and skill that the community had put into it all. Of course, this was all before I was Internet Literate, so most of the internet excited me. The idea of downloading maps through the bungle website still made me reeeaal excited.

Reactions: Cap3llo
I think people thought that Halo 3's forge was amazing as it was new and revolutionary; thus people thought that it was extremely good (and it was in my opinion, and there were lots of really fun games created in H3's forge).
Yeah that makes sense, and I thought it was pretty awesome too when I played it with my brother. But what bugs me a bit is when people say that Halo 3's forge is better than that of Halo 4, even though H4 is more advanced and capable.

Yeah that makes sense, and I thought it was pretty awesome too when I played it with my brother. But what bugs me a bit is when people say that Halo 3's forge is better than that of Halo 4, even though H4 is more advanced and capable.

Yes, but Halo 4's context is far worse than Halo 3's. It's like how the Beatles would be far less popular if they had started up in the 21st Century.

Yes, but Halo 4's context is far worse than Halo 3's. It's like how the Beatles would be far less popular if they had started up in the 21st Century.

That's very true. People expected a lot more from Halo 4's forge, and were disappointed at how similar it was to Reach's forge :(

Reactions: SGC