Revive Some Old Custom Gametypes?

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
There are some gametypes I would love to be brought back and maps made for them.

Some of these include Conquest, In The Shadows, Convoy Tunnel and others.

Are there any people interested in recreating any of these? I've heard some people tried to make the Conquest gametype with extraction and others with dominion. Any progress on these?

What are some gametypes you would like to see come back?

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
I have an In The Shadows gametype and map already. Running Chron made it.

There are a few Convoy type maps, and I think Sam The Great already remade one from Halo Reach. But IMO there can always be more convoy maps. I am making one right now.

AJ Yusi is trying to make a conquest type map I think, but the game play is a little strange with having to use King of the Hill. I would really like to see some dynamic Conquest maps come back into the fold. I have not seen a Dominion one and that sounds like it might work great!

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I have an In The Shadows gametype and map already. Running Chron made it.

There are a few Convoy type maps, and I think Sam The Great already remade one from Halo Reach. But IMO there can always be more convoy maps. I am making one right now.

AJ Yusi is trying to make a conquest type map I think, but the game play is a little strange with having to use King of the Hill. I would really like to see some dynamic Conquest maps come back into the fold. I have not seen a Dominion one and that sounds like it might work great!

Is the In The Shadows one on your fileshare?

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
I personally would like to see the Duck Hunt on Standoff remade, you know, the one with the Gauss Turrets shooting at the Brown Humans with Snipers. It could very easily be remade, I just don't know why nobody have tried to do it yet.

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
Haha - i thought of this myself recently, always liked that game. I think Chuck was thinking about something like that...?

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
I know that a version of Conqest is floating around somewhere, although it uses the Dominion gametype so I'm not entirely sure how well it correlates to Halo 4. I played a game of it the first week or so after Halo 4 came out, so my memory's a little fuzzy, but I think I remember the whole game turning into a standoff in the central section since it was so incredibly hard to capture the dominion territory.

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
I know that a version of Conqest is floating around somewhere, although it uses the Dominion gametype so I'm not entirely sure how well it correlates to Halo 4. I played a game of it the first week or so after Halo 4 came out, so my memory's a little fuzzy, but I think I remember the whole game turning into a standoff in the central section since it was so incredibly hard to capture the dominion territory.

Yeah it's a bit like Battlefield Conquest on a smaller scale with defense turrets. lol