Refuge

Beybok

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
Refuge is a re-imagining of the classic halo 2 map sanctuary. I have been working on it pretty much since Halo 5 was released but could really use some help with the CTF spawns. I've been working on them for a while now, but it keeps spawning players at the enemy base when the other team captures their flag. I'm not quite sure how to fix this, and any advice would be appreciated. I will upload the final thing once this issue is fixed, but I want it to play perfectly (or as close as I can get it) before I upload it anywhere official. Also I still am going to add some sound emitters, tweak weapon spawns, change the opening and closing cinematic, maybe add breakout support if it works well, and make it play with assault as well. Feel free to check out the map in my fileshare, my gt is Beibok (not Beybok like my account here), and give me some feedback. Also if anyone were to do some play tests for me it would be greatly appreciated as I could use some more unbiased feedback.

Attachments

• Refuge 1.jpg
    Refuge 1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 228

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
There are a few ways to set up static spawning.

To use spawn volumes:
Place a volume fully enclosing each side of the map. Set the volume on Red Side to be owned by Blue Team and do the opposite on Blue Side. Then, set each volume to disable spawn points within. This will exclude the given team from using any spawn points within each zone. So, Red Team will not be able to spawn on Blue Side and vice versa. This method is convenient if static spawning is desired only in specific objective modes but not in Slayer because the volumes can be labeled to appear only in specific modes. However, this fails to work in some cases due to unknown issues.

To use only spawn points:
Simply set all respawn points on Red Side to Red Team and do the opposite for Blue Side. This will force static spawning across the board. Of course you can create two full sets of spawns, one static and one neutral, and set the static group to be active only in Objective modes and the neutral group to be active only in Slayer, but this isn't terribly practical.
I would recommend using the section method as it is guaranteed to work. Sanctuary always used dynamic spawns in Slayer on relied on static spawns only in objective modes. However, it is my opinion that such a defined "our side, their side" map as Sanctuary would benefit from static spawning even in Slayer games. Hope this helps.

Beybok

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
There are a few ways to set up static spawning.

To use spawn volumes:
Place a volume fully enclosing each side of the map. Set the volume on Red Side to be owned by Blue Team and do the opposite on Blue Side. Then, set each volume to disable spawn points within. This will exclude the given team from using any spawn points within each zone. So, Red Team will not be able to spawn on Blue Side and vice versa. This method is convenient if static spawning is desired only in specific objective modes but not in Slayer because the volumes can be labeled to appear only in specific modes. However, this fails to work in some cases due to unknown issues.

To use only spawn points:
Simply set all respawn points on Red Side to Red Team and do the opposite for Blue Side. This will force static spawning across the board. Of course you can create two full sets of spawns, one static and one neutral, and set the static group to be active only in Objective modes and the neutral group to be active only in Slayer, but this isn't terribly practical.
I would recommend using the section method as it is guaranteed to work. Sanctuary always used dynamic spawns in Slayer on relied on static spawns only in objective modes. However, it is my opinion that such a defined "our side, their side" map as Sanctuary would benefit from static spawning even in Slayer games. Hope this helps.

Thank's a lot for the quick reply, I'll fix this and test it next time I'm online. I would also love to know what you think of the map when I release the final version. It's pretty awesome getting a reply from someone who's map is in matchmaking btw!