Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Red Sea (version 2014-12-16) - Slayer, CTF 4-8 Players

Red Sea

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, CTF
Players 4-8
Recommended Game: Team Slayer BR 4v4
Power Weapons: Sniper Rifle x2 90s 1clip, Fuel Rod Gun 90s 1clip, Shotgun 90s noclip
Powerups: Active Camo

Red Sea is my submission to Ducain23's Stonetown Forge Competition. I was reluctant to forge on anything other than the forge palates, but I think this actually turned out okay. There is no option to add anything natural though, so I tried my best to used...

Read more about this map...

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
I saved this map after my first game. It makes effective use of the sea wall and the beach combined with your own structures to create a very unique layout that just works for me. The layout and the pickups support a wide variety of ways to play the map. Have you tried swapping the Fuel Rod Gun and the Active Camo spawns? I think that might work out better with the FRG spawning in a more exposed area because I found the FRG rush awkward at times, since it spawned in a tight area that meant it wasn't so much a fight for it as it was a case of whoever just ran in and picked it up first, but that is just a thought off the top of my head, I would have to play it again to give accurate feedback. Right now, most of the pickups are spawning on pretty much the same time. It could be worth mixing up the spawn times a little. Aside from that, I think the map is great.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to test it out a little more before changing it, but if we get into another lobby together, maybe I'll add a separate local version with those changes so you can see what they would do. I place active camo where I did because it seems like a more desireable powerup/weapon for this map. Being invisible here is more effective than on other maps where traffic is more predictable. I wanted someone to be seen picking it up from most areas on the map so they could be stopped before taking too much advantage of its ability. I agree that the drop location for FRG may not be optimal, but I can't really think of any other areas of the map that are far enough away from other powerups aside from the beach bridge which may be a better option. I'm really glad you like the map and took the time to think of some valid feedback.