Map Preview Quarry(Squad/BTB Multi/Neutral Flag)

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
Quarry
Designed with multi flag and neutral flag in mind

I haven't been able to reach my Xbone since first sketching this design, so there are no screenshots to show you. On the other hand here is the initial over head design:

tumblr_nqzbl7aNDy1snpx5so1_1280.jpg
The main design feature is that there are five main areas: the bases, the tower & basin, the 'rock'et spawn, and the only infantry exclusive route along the top of the map. The middle tower itself holds the beam rifle(bottom level) and shotgun(top level) it's exposed from all positions but can be essential to stopping the enemies from capturing the flag by allowing a sight line over the jumps between the bases and the basin. Where the neutral flag is has a bit more cover than the rest of the infantry route. The 'rock' also has a sneaky route along the lower inside of the basin.

Intended weapons:
-Rockets(1 spare) x 1
-Beam Rifle x 1
-Shotgun(1 spare) x 1
-BR x 2
-Carbine x 2
-SMG x 4
-Plasma Pistol x 2
-Magnum x 4

I hope that this design yields a great map and that I can get some advice before implementing it into forge itself.

Last edited:

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
I forgot to mention one thing.

Intended vehicles:
-Chain Hog x 2
-Gungoose x 2

Gungooses will be able to access the top infantry route easily.

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
As of now, the structure is nearly finished, and the map has been expanded to allow for a more viable vehicle route to the flag. The Gungooses have been replaced by Ghosts being that they have greater maneuverability than the Gungoose in tight paths. There's an additional path along the outside that brings both teams to an 'arena inside of an arena' that surrounds the new flag position. This upper path is one way for the Warthogs and Ghosts towards the center.

If you see my feed whilst I forge, I take screen shots of my progress. Also, I'm streaming my forge sessions midday Monday through Thursday on Twitch here.

Reactions: Zandril